Post-Game Talk: Game 1, Battle of Florida: Panthers vs. Lightning - 7:30 pm ET in Sunrise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
For all the people saying Judge should be in that for game 2:
Have you ever heard the saying the grass is always greener on the other side?
Watch what you wish for. If Judge sucks really bad, I don't know how you go back to Bob after you yank him.

The team could make do with a "quieter" game. Team plays a tad more defensive when Driedger is in net :dunno:

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
It is.

Tampa didn't break any rules.

it is and it isnt.

The salary cap is there to ensure no one can spend money that other teams do not have/willing to spend. Or else teams like Toronto and New York if they wanted can buy everyone.

Tampa didnt break any rules, but they were able to spend money other teams could not(willing) to afford.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
E1nEg6mVoAcuj4-

Marco 85

Jan 13, 2021
The only positive with Bennett getting suspended. The refs won’t be able to over look the blatant cheap shots Tampa got away with yesterday. Watching the replay right now. They could have called over 6 obvious penalties on Tampa and a couple on us. It should be a more evenly called game tomorrow. Which benefits us.

Reactions: Haj and harv33173

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
The only positive with Bennett getting suspended. The refs won’t be able to over look the blatant cheap shots Tampa got away with yesterday. Watching the replay right now. They could have called over 6 obvious penalties on Tampa and a couple on us. It should be a more evenly called game tomorrow. Which benefits us.
Oh trust me they don’t give a f*** lmao.

Reactions: PSLguy and KW

Vilam

#Catlantic
Feb 8, 2012
San Francisco
Man the result of game 1 sucked, but I feel fantastic about our chances in game 2. We can 100% compete with Tampa, and there's no mystery about why we lost. They know what they need to do to tighten things up, so just do that, play smarter, and go win tomorrow. Can't wait.

Bob or Judge in 2... either one I'm fine with.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Bennett suspended for game 2.

I guess the key to a playoff run is don’t play one of the NHL’s darlings (Tampa, Pittsburgh, etc.)

Or better yet, just don’t be the Florida Panthers. That’s how you get decent officiating in the playoffs.

f*** this league

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Anybody see the article where Cooper said Kucherov willed his way back to be ready by game 1? Like ok bud we get it you found the loophole and you’re shoving it down people’s throats.

Cooper is one of the most arrogant, entitled coaches in the league. A true piece of garbage, honestly. He knows he's lying and he probably relishes the fact his club is clearly circumventing the cap and getting away with it.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Cooper is one of the most arrogant, entitled coaches in the league. A true piece of garbage, honestly. He knows he's lying and he probably relishes the fact his club is clearly circumventing the cap and getting away with it.
Yeah he’s a straight loser lol. Guy would have like 3-4 cups if he wasn’t an incompetent moron with the team he was gifted.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
E1oFnpPVcAEFtbc

E1oFv9GUUAEB_mo

If anyone had any doubt how big of an impact Ekblad had on special teams

PP% 24.8 vs 14.3 JEEZ

PK. dipped below 80!

We were 13th from 01/13 - 03/28

From 03/29 - end we were only 22nd. Gross

Reactions: IM Clutcm

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
The Panthers don't have enough problem solvers.

Numerous bad sequences start because Yandle is shit.

Montour didn't finish chances, left the front of the net for one of Kucherov's goals.

Weegar took a bad shot that was blocked and resulted in a breakaway.

Nuutivaara took a bad penalty.

The 3rd line was invisible.

Yandle has to sit. Cooper is matchup hunting him, even when Yandle is sheltered he is a complete disaster. If the Panthers want to win they will bench him.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I've had a life in hockey and loved it, and so do a lot of my friends. I had buddies text me last night that they couldn't believe how awesome that game was.
I tell them all the time about the Panthers, but No One Believes Me:

They are a good team, missing a really good player.​

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
You want to know how bad that disallowed goal against us was? Look at the third goal scored by Boston in Caps/Bruins tonight. Anderson's pads are pushed back into the goal by a Bruin and he's basically tackled as a result of a push by Taylor Hall.

Called a goal on the ice, stands.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
I've had a life in hockey and loved it, and so do a lot of my friends. I had buddies text me last night that they couldn't believe how awesome that game was.
I tell them all the time about the Panthers, but No One Believes Me:

They are a good team, missing a really good player.​
As a Panthers fan I thought the game sucked. Ruined by the biased officiating. I was busy complaining about the missed calls and lousy calls (Accari knee hit and Barkov tackled/ called for a penalty for example) to enjoy the game.

Reactions: Crossbar and Haj
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad