Post-Game Talk: Game 1, Battle of Florida: Panthers vs. Lightning - 7:30 pm ET in Sunrise

Status
Not open for further replies.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
We were missing Ekblad and Bennett.

Team should have a lot of confidence going into the series and not be, Oh no,they got Stamkos and Kucherov back!
I completely agree. We do not have to be scared of them.
Still, they showed they can do it. We have a lot more to prove - that gives them the nudge. But we have all the tools to beat them, and they have to give it their all to beat us!!

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
It wouldn’t be bigger than the 1996 run. Not even close.

In a vacuum, yes the 96 run is more important because it's the furthest we've ever gone.

But with context, I don't think it comes close. In 1996, we were new in town and came in as a surprise. Since then, not a single playoff series victory with limited chances.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Before our post season starts I just want to thank you guys for an enjoyable regular season. We dont always agree but it was alot less toxic around here than seasons past, and in the end all we all ever really wanted to watch was a winning team.

Cheers to my fellow Panthers fans.

MyLoveIsBlue

Feb 20, 2015
vooodoo doll tampa.gif

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
In a vacuum, yes the 96 run is more important because it's the furthest we've ever gone.

But with context, I don't think it comes close. In 1996, we were new in town and came in as a surprise. Since then, not a single playoff series victory with limited chances.

Ok, I see what you mean now.

Winning a round in 2021 after all those years is more important for this organization than what we did in 1996. Back then, making the PO was already an achievement in itself.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013

8 straight OT playoff losses too.

Reactions: gizmo12688

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I’ll go in with low expectations: anything less than the Stanley Cup is a failure! :laugh:

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
What is everyone wearing while watching the game?

I have a old red logo Panthers jersey, no name.
As well a red Beak hat, Navy on top with the new Panthers logo.
Not to mention I have a Sam Bennett moustache going

Last edited:

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
What is everyone wearing while watching the game?

I have a old red logo Panthers jersey, no name.
As well a red Beak hat, Navy on top with the new Panthers logo.
Not to mention I have a Sam Bennett moustache going

I've got an old school red Panthers t shirt. Found it at a semi-thrift shop a couple years ago, the (C) at the bottom is 1993 lol.

And beer from a Panthers beer glass :partytime:

Reactions: Cold Cat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad