GDT: Game 1: Avs vs Flames - 7PM Mountain

Who would win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wayninja

Win it for Val
Mar 24, 2017
Jost was the one part of that line that underwhelmed to me. I feel like Jost had a lot of opportunities and couldn’t make anything happen. I think eventually Donskoi will be on that line and we’ll move Jost back with Compher.

Who does that remind me of?

Reactions: Murzu

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Grubauer was tremendous in the 3rd.

When our first PP unit figure things out its gonna be scary absolutely scary

Makar had good moments and bad moments. Learn kid learn.

Graves was brutal tonight but made two key plays in the final minute.

So this is what Depth looks like.

Disliked our PK very much. Fix it.

Have to remind myself that the Flames were the second best team in hockey last season with almost no turnover on their roster. They are a good team and they owned us in the regular season last year.
We just beat them.

Loved TImmins game tonight when he was out there. Not sure how much ice he saw. Made a few sketchy plays but overall I was impressed. He does not look out of place.

Didnt like Z and it pains me to say that.

Didnt hate Bura tonight but yah hes soft as hell.

JTC was good tonight. Second line good.

I actually liked Z.. You can tell hes trying to push the play a bit more, and it results in some mistakes, but honestly that is the way this entire team plays right now. He still brings that long stick and intimidates the shit out of everyone in the corners. I actually enjoyed how he handled Loochich too. It was smart by him to try and draw the extra penalty.

Graves also did well for a #6. I'll always take a guy who tries to make a good first pass rather then the emergency icing crap. So if there is some mistakes I'm fine with it. I'm tired of these bottom pairing f***ers icing the puck under pressure.

crue7

Jul 30, 2011
Mississauga, Ontario
Jost was the one part of that line that underwhelmed to me. I feel like Jost had a lot of opportunities and couldn’t make anything happen. I think eventually Donskoi will be on that line and we’ll move Jost back with Compher.
I'd like to see Jost playing C on the 3rd line. Bump up dongman, and I think that line gets even more chances.

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
I thought we was fine, good skater, dangerous shot and forechecked well. I actually thought Kadri missed fining him a few times when he was wide open that could have got him a goal or two. If he keeps playing like he did today, i think he will be just fine.

Kadri just puts his head down, dgaf and let's it rip.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Dare I say it? We're pacing for an 82-0 season boyos.

tenor.gif

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Groooob impressed me in the third. He reminds me of Crawford a bit actually. Maybe not the steal the game type, and lets some in you'd like back, but the dude shuts the f***ing door in important moments late in games. I like the timing of the goals he lets in.. Yeah you want them back, but when it matters he comes up. Varly always pissed me off when it comes to when he let in goals. Late in periods, late in the game, right after we score. Those matter a lot IMO.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
1 important note about Z: Calgary knew when and where he was at all times on the ice tonight. They game planned for him. They were going after him all night and trying to out-physical, and he not only beat them at that, he showed incredible discipline not taking stupid penalties (aside from the lucic nonsense). I also now think that b/c of our (specifically Z’s) manhandling of the flames last year, that’s why they made the lucic trade.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
His play kinda dipped in the second but overall I liked his game. Hope he gets that first goal out the way fast.

Kadri looked like a very elite 3rd line center tonight. Didn't create a lot, but was responsible, and did the dirty work. He needs more skill on his line IMO or at least someone else who can do the dirty shit in order to free him up. Right now he is carrying two wingers who don't create, and have a hard time on the wall. Give him a grinder like Don, or JT, and maybe he ends up with the puck in more open space where you can see his skill. Kadri seems like hes willing to do whatever it takes for the team, but the dude has way more skill than just defending and winning face offs. He didn't have any time or space with the puck tonight on his stick, and I think that is a problem. Because when he does hes absolutely a skilled player.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I thought we was fine, good skater, dangerous shot and forechecked well. I actually thought Kadri missed fining him a few times when he was wide open that could have got him a goal or two. If he keeps playing like he did today, i think he will be just fine.

It looked like he missed him in the third. The play where there was a loose puck and Kadri just turned and fired. Burakovsky appeared to be alone in the slot.

Reactions: Murzu and Avs425

crue7

Jul 30, 2011
Mississauga, Ontario
Kadri looked like a very elite 3rd line center tonight. Didn't create a lot, but was responsible, and did the dirty work. He needs more skill on his line IMO or at least someone else who can do the dirty **** in order to free him up. Right now he is carrying two wingers who don't create, and have a hard time on the wall. Give him a grinder like Don, or JT, and maybe he ends up with the puck in more open space where you can see his skill. Kadri seems like hes willing to do whatever it takes for the team, but the dude has way more skill than just defending and winning face offs. He didn't have any time or space with the puck tonight on his stick, and I think that is a problem. Because when he does hes absolutely a skilled player.

Easily solved by taking Jost off that line. What do you think about Jost? I can't stand his soft play down deep in the zone. It's not like he's SOFT but he just doesn't have the physicality to play like he wants to. It seems like he can't do anything positive in the O-Zone unless he's fed the puck in open space or creating a turnover in NZ on transition. He's good enough in the NZ and in his own end but he doesn't create chances on his own in my opinion. A good 3rd liner, but not good enough to be on the 2nd line.

I mean, I'm willing to give it more games of course, but this is the same complaint I've had since he joined the team. I don't see any improvement so far

Last edited:

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Kadri looked like a very elite 3rd line center tonight. Didn't create a lot, but was responsible, and did the dirty work. He needs more skill on his line IMO or at least someone else who can do the dirty **** in order to free him up. Right now he is carrying two wingers who don't create, and have a hard time on the wall. Give him a grinder like Don, or JT, and maybe he ends up with the puck in more open space where you can see his skill. Kadri seems like hes willing to do whatever it takes for the team, but the dude has way more skill than just defending and winning face offs. He didn't have any time or space with the puck tonight on his stick, and I think that is a problem. Because when he does hes absolutely a skilled player.

I think you’re selling him short saying he’s a 3c and think he was a very solid 2c tonight. You’re 100% correct though that he needs at least 1 more skilled winger, one that can score especially.

wayninja

Win it for Val
Mar 24, 2017
I'm still AMAZED at the restraint Z showed on that Lucic nonsense. In years past, he would have done something dumb. It's not his fault the refs refused to call that the right way out of fear of losing control of the game.

I hope he keeps it up. Play physical and have no fear, don't take dumb penalties.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad