GDT: GAME #1-4 - The Wheels on the Bus (ARE FALLING OFF) - Canucks @ Sharks - 7:00 p.m TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
First time in a long time I'll be watching a playoff game with no expectations or any nervous energy.

But like someone said, either lose tomorrow or win the next 4. Or at least do something like the Hawks did and force a game 7.

Yossarian54

Oct 12, 2011
Perth, WA
Sharks will get exposed for what they are.

KJrRkXn.jpg

:laugh::laugh: Brilliant

ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Feb 5, 2006
Calgary
Guaranteed that the Nucks get the first penalty because of what Bieska said

What he said was on good intention regarding Thornton and Couture embellishing,
to deflect pressure off the Nucks

but he's also calling out the refs saying that they're not doing their job,
that they're getting fooled by the Sharks, he pointing a finger at them

This is something that a GM has to step up and do, aka Brian Burke,
and not by a player on the ice

And that penalty will be for diving/embellishment.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Live to play another day, that's all I ask for. Momentum is a funny thing. Win tonight and heading back to Vancouver for game 5 and who knows what can happen? It was only 2 seasons ago that this same Sharks core gave up a 3-0 series lead to Detroit.

GrogZilla

Mar 31, 2013
What I'd really love to see tonight is firewagon hockey.

Play the game like they're down a goal with a minute to play.

Go all out to score, activate the D, pinch, join the rush.

A forward cheating high looking for a breakaway, everyone blowing the zone early looking for odd man rushes.

Hope they can start to score & Cory can hold the fort.

This team needs to score, they need to know they can score. They need the confidence that scoring brings.

:) If it doesn't work, at least they go down swinging.

Outside99*

If they keep the bieksa edler pairing together, we're hooped. They've both been babysat defensively and they're now supposed to babysit each other? Ain't gonna happen.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
If this was the 2011 team with the likes of Erhoff, Torres, etc, I'd say we have a chance... but naw.

We're done we are done folks.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
We don't just have to win this game, we have to win this game Boston-blowout style.

True. Not that I have any faith at all in the Canucks right now, but it's worth noting that the Sharks are as mentally frail, if not more so, than they are. One good win by the Canucks would send them reeling.

erik19

May 1, 2006
I believe the Canucks can come back from 0-3

I'm not rational about it, I just have no other choice because I'm a Canucks fan...

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
14502346-orange-cartoon-character-with-a-broom-on-the-white-background.jpg

So long AV; I was a supporter until after game 3... but what has to be done has to be done. Hope a team moves to Quebec City for you.

(^^^That pic is ripe for a good photoshopping...Thornton laughing, AV stressed, buggy eyed Torres, Bettman's evil grin.... so many possibilities... all my v-cash to the best one.)

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
14502346-orange-cartoon-character-with-a-broom-on-the-white-background.jpg

So long AV; I was a supporter until after game 3... but what has to be done has to be done. Hope a team moves to Quebec City for you.

(^^^That pic is ripe for a good photoshopping...Thornton laughing, AV stressed, buggy eyed Torres, Bettman's evil grin.... so many possibilities... all my v-cash to the best one.)

I blame your avatar for us not winning yet.
EVERYONE, IT'S ALL EDDY'S FAULT

:sarcasm:

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
I believe the Canucks can come back from 0-3

I'm not rational about it, I just have no other choice because I'm a Canucks fan...

Pretty much.

I had my rational depression already, and being gloomy isn't making it better. Especially the 're-tooling/re-builing can finally start yay!' philosophy.

I want to win and I want them to win now.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
I blame the fact that I already have #15, 14 and 13 avatars all ready to go. Should have done it on a game by game basis. Sorry dudes. :cry:

Maybe it should be my head photo shopped on the orange guy. :shakehead

:laugh:

That's actually a pretty solid avy idea. And the fact it backfired so horrendously just makes it even more awesome.

Should have started at zero, maybe that will bring more juju.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Any word on who get's the start? I'd go with Schneider personally, live and die with your #1 IMO.

I heard Lu. Living and dying with THE #1 :naughty:

What I'd really love to see tonight is firewagon hockey.

Play the game like they're down a goal with a minute to play.

Go all out to score, activate the D, pinch, join the rush.

A forward cheating high looking for a breakaway, everyone blowing the zone early looking for odd man rushes.

Hope they can start to score & Cory can hold the fort.

This team needs to score, they need to know they can score. They need the confidence that scoring brings.

:) If it doesn't work, at least they go down swinging.

I gave up on hoping for play like this from them years ago :( I just hope the new coach brings this play style.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Sharks will get exposed for what they are.

KJrRkXn.jpg

Can we borrow him? Toews would singlehandedly beat the Sharks.

After Henrik's comments last game, I'm expecting him to try and play more calmly. :nod: Yup, that will work for you Henrik. :biglaugh: The Sedins are misguided. They have heart, but they aren't doing the things they need to do to win in the playoffs. They are stubborn players that keep doing the same thing that never works in the postseason. I think they would greatly benefit from a new coach that could teach them how to succeed. AV will never ever be that coach.

Wheatley

We Rabite You
Sep 24, 2010
I'll be wearing my new Burrows jersey that I won last game.

This will be the turning point in the series.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
I hope Lu is starting. Schneider has already melted down so if Lu ends up having an off game people can complain that it should have been schneider. Well, they can complain, but they won't be taken as seriously.
On the other hand, Lu is the one getting traded in the offseason and I'd hate for him to be on the ice if this team no-shows and he has to lose this series. Lu still cares a lot about this team though. Play him and hope he can steal 4 games for this team. With his back against the wall, he might have some magic left.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad