• K’Andre Miller

• Adam Fox

• Ronald Lindgren

• Braden Schnodoere

• Ben Harpir

• Justin Halak

Results are only viewable after voting.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'll literally be in Orlando tomorrow morning lol

Awesome. I actually have a DVC membership for my family, we go every October for the Food and Wine festival at Epcot and then use my points for those Anaheim trips.

Last edited:
Reactions: FultonReed

Do you want ants

Thats how u get ants
Jul 2, 2015
I have even less doubt that they’re going to put Kane next to zib and Panarin. Especially with the way the other two lines are shaping up.

That allows vesey to move down to the 4th line. Allows them to bring in a 4C too which I fully expect.

Motte I think will be on the radar again too
I just don’t see it. All of the smoke has come from the Chicago side. Not ours. I can definitely see us going after someone for the top 6, but don’t see it as Kane unless it’s at a major discount.

Reactions: McRanger92

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I have even less doubt that they’re going to put Kane next to zib and Panarin. Especially with the way the other two lines are shaping up.

That allows vesey to move down to the 4th line. Allows them to bring in a 4C too which I fully expect.

Motte I think will be on the radar again too
Has a team ever picked up the same player at back to back trade deadlines for the postseason?

Also, are we going to have a bunch of games in hand on other teams after the bye week?

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Great to see the turnaround from fans regarding Halak. Folks wanted him put to the guillotine earlier in the season.
NMC worked perfectly here. If he doesn’t have the NMC, Halak probably gone. NMC bought him a few extra starts and he was able to use those starts to right the ship. Good for him. Very happy to see it working out.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
The Quinn Special: losing a game where you scored an empty netter. Guy is a terrible coach and learned nothing taking a year off

What a weird post
I know right? How weird to imagine not being stuck in cap hell w declining guys who seem like they're no threat to win it all like we are every 5-8 years w the nyr.

So weird to imagine having a pool of top f prospects oozing talent and poised to become all stars instead of severely overpaid aging players.

This is a place where dozens of us go make 85 line projections based on fantasy trades that have no chance of happening. If you think this is at all weird for this place you haven't been reading

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Yeah too bad they went about it the totally wrong way and only had a 110 point season and a trip to the ECF to show for it and only in playoff position and on pace for 104 points this year. Morons I tell ya.
What cup did they win? I'm sry was the goal to barely make an ecf once or twice?

It is too bad they did that i think bc it pissed away multiple runs for one or two half ass runs. Like last year where we barely made it to the ecf off pure insane injury luck. Which is why it died as soon as we faced tb.

You can keep hoping they didn't blow it completely, I'm not going to crap on you being hopeful if u don't crap on me pointing out the things they screwed up

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Larrybiv

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I know right? How weird to imagine not being stuck in cap hell w declining guys who seem like they're no threat to win it all like we are every 5-8 years w the nyr.

So weird to imagine having a pool of top f prospects oozing talent and poised to become all stars instead of severely overpaid aging players.

This is a place where dozens of us go make 85 line projections based on fantasy trades that have no chance of happening. If you think this is at all weird for this place you haven't been reading

You must be fun at parties

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
What cup did they win? I'm sry was the goal to barely make an ecf once or twice?

It is too bad they did that i think bc it pissed away multiple runs for one or two half ass runs. Like last year where we barely made it to the ecf off pure insane injury luck. Which is why it died as soon as we faced tb.

You can keep hoping they didn't blow it completely, I'm not going to crap on you being hopeful if u don't crap on me pointing out the things they screwed up
You are damn right I am positive. Why wouldn't I be? 4 teams made it to the ECF and they were 2 wins from the finals. They simply ran out of gas against Tampa as they had played 20 playoff games in 40 days. They had an advantage against Pitt because Jarry was out but Raanta was just as good as Carolina's starter. Lets not make excuses for their playoff wins. They simply just beat Carolina. It's easy to point out mistakes as every GM makes them and there is only 1 winner out of 32. It's really hard to win the cup. The Rangers have a good team. Lets not forget this. Make some moves at the deadline, make the playoffs, and then see what happens.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley

You are living in fantasyland. Every contender has cap issues. The Rangers do have a pool of under 25 guys who ooze talent. Fox, Miller, Schneider, Kakko, Chytil, Laf is a good young talent pool.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
NHL really outdid themselves scheduling the bye for the first week of the season that they aren't competing with the NFL in the sports news cycle.

Eh, I don't think it really matters. The 2 weeks leading up to the Super Bowl always dominates anyhow.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Damn right they did. It took 7 game because Carolina is a very good team, but yeah, NYR straight up beat them. Most playoff runs have a bit of luck, but we didn't need it in the Carolina series.

I'll never get the amount of glee some Rangers "fans" have finding reasons why the Rangers got lucky and suck.

Reactions: McRanger92

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The Athletic just put out a whole article.

This needs to be discussed on this board at some point.

Hope this isn't just swept under the rug.
This tells me that somebody was going to pull a Provorov and the Rangers decided to avoid that disaster.

Hate to say it, but it's probably for the best. Could you imagine? In an ideal world everyone would just do it. Live in an ideal world, we do not.

It's a reminder of why there's a Pride Night. I understand freedom of expression and all that, but whether or not LGBTQ folks should have rights and feel safe shouldn't be a personal opinion.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
This tells me that somebody was going to pull a Provorov and the Rangers decided to avoid that disaster.

Hate to say it, but it's probably for the best. Could you imagine? In an ideal world everyone would just do it. Live in an ideal world, we do not.

It's a reminder of why there's a Pride Night. I understand freedom of expression and all that, but whether or not LGBTQ folks should have rights and feel safe shouldn't be a personal opinion.

I can and also can't. I'd actually rather be mad at an individual than the full organization. I can see how the team wouldn't want a single player to be singled out, but at the same time I feel like that's also the organization carrying water for that bullshit, too.

So, I don't think there was any easy answer for what to do other than scratch the player who wasn't going to participate and make up an injury or illness.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I can and also can't. I'd actually rather be mad at an individual than the full organization. I can see how the team wouldn't want a single player to be singled out, but at the same time I feel like that's also the organization carrying water for that bullshit, too.

So, I don't think there was any easy answer for what to do other than scratch the player who wasn't going to participate and make up an injury or illness.
Well, to me, being in uniform and participating in team functions is required. Should be that simple.

Of course, that would be a whole mess with the union.

They can't negotiate their players getting paid fairly for professional athletes and sent the league into perpetual hell by getting bodied by the owners, but this they'll jump on.

(Note: this is a comment on the NHLPA, not unions in general).

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Well, to me, being in uniform and participating in team functions is required. Should be that simple.

Of course, that would be a whole mess with the union.

They can't negotiate their players getting paid fairly for professional athletes and sent the league into perpetual hell by getting bodied by the owners, but this they'll jump on.

(Note: this is a comment on the NHLPA, not unions in general).
I agree. I really despise the idea that some religious bullshit somehow overrides uniforms. It blows my f***ing mind. It's really infuriating since basic human rights shouldn't be a debate, but that's where we are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad