• Adam Fox

• Ronald Lindgren

• Braden Schnodoere

• Ben Harpir

• Justin Halak

Results are only viewable after voting.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
I really was indifferent about Tarasenko for a while.... but I've really grown to it. Get him for cheap and pray it sparks Panarin and our 'top line'. IF Tarasenko plays like the bulldog that he can be, that's a huge asset. It keeps the 2 lines that have shown to work and it attempts to solve the 'top line.'

Panarin Zibs Tank
Laffy Chytil Kakko
Kreider Trocheck Vesey
Cuylle Goodrow Gauthier
Sure if we can get him for cheap.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Imagine using panarin, zibs, kreider to acquire multiple top 30 f prospects (assuming we could have gotten panarin to waive for a contender last szn or the szn b4. Which, if we dont have zibs, kreider, strome, etc isnt as crazy as people think. Nhl gms are nepotistically hired and incompetent beyond belief. A looooot of gms wouldve done whatever they could to get ahold of AP and all those points at a reduced cap hit) instead of throwing all that cap at them during a rebuild when it should've been obvious how poorly they fit w our rebuild timeline. Add in all the picks and prospects we traded away to get copp, vatrano, trouba. (Troubs cap is a factor too)

We'd have a rebuild led by actual youth with a metric ton of cap space. Igor, chytil, kakko, fox all would be signed long term by now for nice 4-5.5 m deals. Instead of a rebuild that stupidly promoted the youth 1-3 years too soon, then buried the young talent anyway and now has no money to pay for them when we should be locking them up long term.

Maybe it would've failed but everything could fail, everything has flaws. It at least would've actually been a smart, committed rebuild.

Oh yea...and we'd have buch too at 6 m or less.

Oof.
Yeah too bad they went about it the totally wrong way and only had a 110 point season and a trip to the ECF to show for it and only in playoff position and on pace for 104 points this year. Morons I tell ya.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Just saw the fight. Looks like Kolesar got the better of Cullye, by a slight margin
I had it the other way. Comfortable calling it a draw but if I had to name a winner it’s Cuylle. Caught him a couple good and sent his helmet flying. No one got hurt, no one got dominated. Kolesar certainly looked/carried himself after like HE thought he lost.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I had it the other way. Comfortable calling it a draw but if I had to name a winner it’s Cuylle. Caught him a couple good and sent his helmet flying. No one got hurt, no one got dominated. Kolesar certainly looked/carried himself after like HE thought he lost.
I thought it was basically a draw too. I didn't know Cuylle could throw them like that. I could see him as a physical 3rd line guy in a year or 2.

Deleted member 23124

Anyone else really content with our current lines? When the line with Mika and Panarin is the line you're most worried about you have a good top 9. I don't even mind Vesey on it. He's not that far off from Fast.
I don't think anyone will be totally content with our lines, no matter how they're constructed.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Might be a tic of some kind. I do that a lot.

I'd be shocked if kravy has the value of a 1
O I’ll
I thought it was basically a draw too. I didn't know Cuylle could throw them like that. I could see him as a physical 3rd line guy in a year or 2.
It says more for how he wants to play. You start leveling guys you better be able to handle yourself, like Trouba.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008

Attachments

• 20230128_152623.jpg
    20230128_152623.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Leonardo87

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Just saw the fight. Looks like Kolesar got the better of Cullye, by a slight margin

I'd give a very slight edge to Cuylle.....more or less because how it finished. Not sure what really landed though between either. Cuylle knocked Kolesar's helmet off but that helmet seemed to be bouncing around on his head before that. I think it was a glancing blow. Really no real damage done to either player......if I were grading at Hockey fights I'd give it a draw with maybe a 5 out of 10 rating.

It's a good showing for Cuylle against an older more experienced guy who fights pretty often. You can see for a 20/21 year old Will is not only big but very strong, strong on his skates and can throw a punch.

An assessment of his two games.....they went well. He was able to keep pace and wasn't shy at all in very limited ice time. Hartford probably though is where he should be for now. Next year maybe he pushes for a Rangers job and whether or not he breaks camp with us he's not far away.

NYR2007

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York
I didn’t realize the rangers didn’t wear the pride jerseys during warmups . I wonder what’s the back story on what happened

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
"Two players separately told Post colleague Larry Brooks and me that there were no team discussions about sporting the pride-themed jerseys and tape. They did not know why they didn’t wear them."

The specific quote that mjolnir's referring to in this article:

Article in the Post today that indicated the decision may have come from upstairs.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Anyone else really content with our current lines? When the line with Mika and Panarin is the line you're most worried about you have a good top 9. I don't even mind Vesey on it. He's not that far off from Fast.

I think Mika and Panarin need to gel better, Vesey is fine up there. But if we are not playing Kravtsov. May need to move him and get Top 6 support. Kids have been playing well, but it’s really the Chytil show on that line. If the kids line loses some flair would maybe try Chytil with Panarin.

Deleted member 23124

"Two players separately told Post colleague Larry Brooks and me that there were no team discussions about sporting the pride-themed jerseys and tape. They did not know why they didn’t wear them."

The specific quote that mjolnir's referring to in this article:
Actually, the line in the article I was referring to was this one:

"So if it wasn’t the players and it wasn’t the league, then it appears the decision must have come from higher up in the Rangers’ organization."

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I have even less doubt that they’re going to put Kane next to zib and Panarin. Especially with the way the other two lines are shaping up.

That allows vesey to move down to the 4th line. Allows them to bring in a 4C too which I fully expect.

Motte I think will be on the radar again too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad