• K’Andre Miller

• Adam Fox

• Ronald Lindgren

• Braden Schnodoere

• Ben Harpir

• Justin Halak

Results are only viewable after voting.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
9 days till the next game?

BF8DB5F4-82DE-4AEC-BBDB-9F71B82BB8DB.gif

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Game was not perfect, but they got it done, got great goaltending, one of the kids came through, Kreider and Trocheck bounced back. Only concern would be Panarin. We ended the pre-break on a high note.
We can all take comfort in knowing that Panarin undoubtedly will be hitting the weights and the cardio systems to get ready for the last tough stretch of the season and playoffs...he is a great team fellow !!!! LOL....

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Good long fight that he got the better of. Kolesar is no slouch. Cuylle carries himself well for a 20 year old
The beauty of that fight as well.....he knew what was expected of him when he was sent out at opening draw in the 2nd period . He also initiated it and swung first....ask questions later......it's been a long time coming since we had one of our own do that . I hope I live long enough to see him and Othmann and One of the giants leading the Rangers into an Islander/Cap/Bruin/Devils game in the next few seasons .

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I actually like Panarin with Zibanejad, but it’s clear they need a Top 6 RW to complete the line.
A dangerous shooter like Vatrano last season would work - Vesey had a number of opportunities last night where Vatrano would’ve scored IMO.

P.S. Panarin will eventually get out of his shooting funk too.

Reactions: McRanger92

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
that's the problem.

$20M not doing enough. If we're going to win a cup, Zibs and Panarin need to be leading the way at even-strength.

the middle6 is the 'depth'.
Imagine using panarin, zibs, kreider to acquire multiple top 30 f prospects (assuming we could have gotten panarin to waive for a contender last szn or the szn b4. Which, if we dont have zibs, kreider, strome, etc isnt as crazy as people think. Nhl gms are nepotistically hired and incompetent beyond belief. A looooot of gms wouldve done whatever they could to get ahold of AP and all those points at a reduced cap hit) instead of throwing all that cap at them during a rebuild when it should've been obvious how poorly they fit w our rebuild timeline. Add in all the picks and prospects we traded away to get copp, vatrano, trouba. (Troubs cap is a factor too)

We'd have a rebuild led by actual youth with a metric ton of cap space. Igor, chytil, kakko, fox all would be signed long term by now for nice 4-5.5 m deals. Instead of a rebuild that stupidly promoted the youth 1-3 years too soon, then buried the young talent anyway and now has no money to pay for them when we should be locking them up long term.

Maybe it would've failed but everything could fail, everything has flaws. It at least would've actually been a smart, committed rebuild.

Oh yea...and we'd have buch too at 6 m or less.

Oof.

Last edited by a moderator:

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
All I get from this rant is that you don't really follow what is going on. But you know what, that's fine, you do you. Personally I find the complaining about complaining tedious. But that's also fine, it's just my opinion.
But complaining about the complaining about the complaining is ok? Just asking, not complaining.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
That ended up not being a bad game.

Vegas had quality, we had quantity and zone time.

I cannot stress enough what an underrated excellent career Halak has had. So happy to see him shake the early funk.
He really has. I remember so many trashing him earlier, when he wasn't playing well. Yeah, even I probably made a few rude comments. Still, I never ever wanted Georgiev instead.
Yeah, the guys love him, so GG must have known what he was doing, playing him when we said "oh noooo", why isn't Shesty playing? 52-54 starts for Shesty, Halak with the "rest". Cannot burn out Shesty, will be better off in the long run.

Reactions: Ruggs225

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
But complaining about the complaining about the complaining is ok? Just asking, not complaining.
Shouldn't somebody start a "complaining" thread? All complaining here, please.
Would make for a happier and more intelligent conversation everywhere else. You know, easy reading. Not complaining, just asking if this is a good idea.

Reactions: cheech70

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
FWIW I was at Sharks Hurricanes last night and Meier was pretty unnoticeable to me.

The Quinn Special: losing a game where you scored an empty netter. Guy is a terrible coach and learned nothing taking a year off

Imagine using panarin, zibs, kreider to acquire multiple top 30 f prospects (assuming we could have gotten panarin to waive for a contender last szn or the szn b4. Which, if we dont have zibs, kreider, strome, etc isnt as crazy as people think. Nhl gms are nepotistically hired and incompetent beyond belief. A looooot of gms wouldve done whatever they could to get ahold of AP and all those points at a reduced cap hit) instead of throwing all that cap at them during a rebuild when it should've been obvious how poorly they fit w our rebuild timeline. Add in all the picks and prospects we traded away to get copp, vatrano, trouba. (Troubs cap is a factor too)

We'd have a rebuild led by actual youth with a metric ton of cap space. Igor, chytil, kakko, fox all would be signed long term by now for nice 4-5.5 m deals. Instead of a rebuild that stupidly promoted the youth 1-3 years too soon, then buried the young talent anyway and now has no money to pay for them when we should be locking them up long term.

Maybe it would've failed but everything could fail, everything has flaws. It at least would've actually been a smart, committed rebuild.

Oof.

What a weird post

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
I thought the kid line looked excellent

I thought kreider with tro and goodrow was good, but not as good as the kids.

Panarin and zibs were ass and Harpur is terrible

1674922995570.png

Do not under any circumstances break up the kid line. They are our second line, hell with the way they are playing they are the best we have to offer right now

Panarin is a huge problem

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Oof.

Maybe we could have gotten some Hajek and Howden level players from those trades.

Reactions: haveandare

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Had a hoot at the garden last night. Thought the boys played good and Halak was great

I was completely trashed but the PGT does seem to back that all up

PGTs are always so more pleasant after a win. Lol

Anyway hope you had a good time was certainly a fun game to go to. Hate Vegas, they are like the islanders of the west to me, lol. Glad the Rangers were able to take care of business before the long break.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
I thought the kid line looked excellent

I thought kreider with tro and goodrow was good, but not as good as the kids.

Panarin and zibs were ass and Harpur is terrible

View attachment 643041

Do not under any circumstances break up the kid line. They are our second line, hell with the way they are playing they are the best we have to offer right now

Panarin is a huge problem
Kravy should be with 10-93.....vesey for Culle..Now we have 2 lines..GTK and Kids....make lines 1 and 4 from the balance of the roster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad