TSN: Gally/Tavares/Willy line makeup interesting...

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Big if.

Only reason I won't pump his tires yet. I expect him to play hard for the first chunk of games, we will have to see if he keeps it going... that in my opinion is the only red flag with him... can he keep himself motivated.
one foot out the nhl door and one on a banana peel

and he is in a place where he has a golden opportunity to reinvent himself

DarenX

Sep 21, 2019
one foot out the nhl door and one on a banana peel

and he is in a place where he has a golden opportunity to reinvent himself

Absolutely.

If I am being honest, I expect him to come out positive... this is the kind of stuff Dubas gets my votes for. Zero risk with potential huge upside.

Reactions: The Cobra

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Absolutely.

If I am being honest, I expect him to come out positive... this is the kind of stuff Dubas gets my votes for. Zero risk with potential huge upside.
I'll be dead honest,,,i have a very good gut feeling about this

but i did not get to focus on him enough last night ,, i was too busy loosing my sht over Fred

DarenX

Sep 21, 2019
I'll be dead honest,,,i have a very good gut feeling about this

but i did not get to focus on him enough last night ,, i was too busy loosing my sht over Fred

He actually was too jittery last night, which is totally fine. Kinda trying too hard maybe.

The intensity was there for me though, if he has it at end of the season, we win the project all day every day.

He was going to the dirty areas But like I said before, this is totally expected for the first bunch of games he is gonna play. If he floated at all, I would have been first in line to ship his ass out the nhl door.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
He actually was too jittery last night, which is totally fine. Kinda trying too hard maybe.

The intensity was there for me though, if he has it at end of the season, we win the project all day every day.

He was going to the dirty areas But like I said before, this is totally expected for the first bunch of games he is gonna play. If he floated at all, I would have been first in line to ship his ass out the nhl door.
thats the thing ,,it's not "totally expected"

lots of guys with his pedigree ,,would have withered and died after being sent down

and many others would have gone to their "skill game" being with JT/WN

Gally came in and filled the exact role that was being asked of him on that line

the "skill/timing/ O rhythm" can come in time

the more Hyman and less Kessel he brings,,,the better

Reactions: banks and The Cobra

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
Thought he was great yesterday. Forechecked hard and created turnovers. Kept plays alive offensively.

Thought he was weak defensively though. Wasn't detrimental yesterday, but him and Nylander together makes a combination of weak defensive wingers which need to be really sheltered if they play together.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Thought he was great yesterday. Forechecked hard and created turnovers. Kept plays alive offensively.

Thought he was weak defensively though. Wasn't detrimental yesterday, but him and Nylander together makes a combination of weak defensive wingers which need to be really sheltered if they play together.
Repeat after me:

Despite the narrative, nylander is not a weak defensive player.

Good job!

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
If you play Galchenyuk then he has to be top 6. He has the skill and the shot. IF you think hes a 4th liner then why waste 1M in cap space on this guy?

This is a gamble and high risk/high reward.

? 90% of the league make between 750k and 1M... what kind of dumb argument is that ?

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
Repeat after me:

Despite the narrative, nylander is not a weak defensive player.

Good job!

I acknowledge that there is a contingency of people who exaggerate nylander’s flaws, but that doesn’t mean he’s *good* defensively. He just isn’t. We’ve had two head coaches now who both see the game differently yet both didn’t like playing nylander often in hold lead situations.

He’s a good player, I’m glad he’s on the team but he’s not someone I’d characterize as being good defensively.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Galchenyuk has been fine thus far. Good to see him pick up his first point with the team already as well. Don't mind that he's being eased into things in terms of minutes played. Tonight's minutes being the lower total of the two games is not unexpected due to the team having the lead for as long as they did.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Galchenyuk has been fine thus far. Good to see him pick up his first point with the team already as well. Don't mind that he's being eased into things in terms of minutes played. Tonight's minutes being the lower total of the two games is not unexpected due to the team having the lead for as long as they did.

Well,,, my mind is already made up,,we don't need to winger shop

time for D/C shopping

HC7

May 2, 2018
Gally sure has an engine these first 2 games.

I'd like to see Tavares with Mikheyev and Engvall because that worked last year.

Let Willy and Gally play with Kerfoot for a bit. Because unless that 2nd line gets going were not going deep and so far they haven't really taken off yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad