Sportsnet: Galchenyuk on the trade block when Penguins are healthy

Gfroer

Jan 6, 2019
i will give you a good add in athanasou for gally but its going to cost you a 1st

Id legit rather have Galchenyuk. Gally hasn't been a good fit for the Pens but AA wouldnt last ten minutes here before getting run out of town.

roman star

ready to march
Feb 17, 2019
Id legit rather have Galchenyuk. Gally's hasn't been a good fit for the Pens but AA wouldnt last ten minutes here before getting run out of town.
very well could be . but it could be a big league coach and sid change his attitude and he becomes a huge weapon for many years to come . and his 30 didnt happen by luck last season , they happened because of his near mcdavid level speed

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I remember watching him for a few weeks after we got him and thinking, what am I missing? He's got a decent shot and that's it. Doesn't play with size or speed. Definitely not good defensively. Hurt a lot. Can't see any team sinking a lot of money or term into him.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Galchenyuk for Scandella.

I’m not sure of the Penguins needs, but with a quick glance at their LH defenseman it appears they could potentially use another.

Both have similar cap hits and are feee agents at the end of the year.

Or if you don’t want Scandella, you can have Jake McCabe, but buffalo would have to include more cap going back.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Is Sullivan forcing him out like he has with a bunch of others?

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
Is Sullivan forcing him out like he has with a bunch of others?

He’s just not a good fit for Sully’s system. He’s an east/west guy playing in Sully’s north/south system. The skill is there but he’s always roaming from the wing back to the center of the ice instead of doing what Sully wants his wingers to do and get pressure on the puck. Reminds me of when we had Iginla. Can see the talent but he just doesn’t fit. Maybe if they moved him to center and tried him there but as a winger here it’s no bueno.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
What type of Dman is Dillon - is he any good? Would he be an upgrade on Jackson Johnnyseed?

Edit: ALTERNATE CAPTAIN John Jackson.
I think a chair would be an upgrade on JJ. Dillon is a physical D that has a good first pass. He can play top 4 but is probably better served as a bottom pairing. He would actually probably work pretty well with Justin Schultz.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
Just a reminder that Montreal used a 3rd overall pick on him, passing on:

Rielly
Lindholm
Trouba
Forsberg
Wilson
Hertl
TT
Ghost
Parayko
etc.

I just wanted to savour that for a moment after a tough day.
To be fair I was so upset that MTL got 3rd because I wanted the Leafs to draft him so bad. Thought he was the #1C we needed... i was way wrong.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think a chair would be an upgrade on JJ. Dillon is a physical D that has a good first pass. He can play top 4 but is probably better served as a bottom pairing. He would actually probably work pretty well with Justin Schultz.

I would absolutely love Dillon in Pittsburgh if they didn't have JJ already, but the Penguins having JJ already makes that deal really complicated.

SprootsMasterFlex

Sprootsing 4 Life
Apr 20, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Carolina has been scouting the Pens heavily of late. They may be a fit since the Pens have some cap space now that they also traded Gudbranson.

Nino for Galchenyuk could work especially if the Canes would benefit from longterm cap relief and potentially signing Galchenyuk to a lower cap hit if he turns it around in Carolina.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
It's actually impressive how much of this guy's production comes on the powerplay.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Just a reminder that Montreal used a 3rd overall pick on him, passing on:

Rielly
Lindholm
Trouba
Forsberg
Wilson
Hertl
TT
Ghost
Parayko
etc.

I just wanted to savour that for a moment after a tough day.
Rielly: ok
Lindholm: meh, top-4 barely
Trouba: 2nd pairing D would have been great
Forsberg: 1st line forward would have been great
Wilson: top-6.. ok
Hertl: overrated top-6 meh
TT: Elite forward, Huge blunder
Ghost: meh
Parayko: Top pairing Dman, should have taken

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad