Friedman: Galchenyuk likely to be traded

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Would do something like Pulj & RNH for Gallagher & Galchenyuk......positionally fills needs for mtl

Winger and center for winger and center. At best it's a lateral move for MTL but in actuality it's a downgrade on both positions for next year.

Unless MTL is trading price and re-tooling they will be trying to make next years team better, not worse.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Winger and center for winger and center. At best it's a lateral move for MTL but in actuality it's a downgrade on both positions for next year.

Unless MTL is trading price and re-tooling they will be trying to make next years team better, not worse.

If Galchenyuk is destined to play centre with mtl I'd agree with you. And pulj has way more upside than Gallagher

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
If Galchenyuk is destined to play centre with mtl I'd agree with you. And pulj has way more upside than Gallagher
True, I forgot he doesn't necessarily play center for MTL.

Pulj may have more upside but upside means d*** for next years MTL team. If they are trying to win next year Gallagher>Pulj. If they are re-tooling then yes the upside of Pulj is more valuable than Gallagher

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
What about Stepan for Galchenyuk +?

and why do u think the habs are interested in committing hockey-suicide??

If u say Subban, Weber was easily the better player but less valuable. Here habs get nothing but a giant contract who produces at a second line rate

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016

that trade is actually offer. Chucky had a better rookie season in the NHL than PoolParty did in the AHL more or less. :nod:

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Would do something like Pulj & RNH for Gallagher & Galchenyuk......positionally fills needs for mtl

That seems like a lot, and I think RNH is incredibly over-rated ("he plays defense now") and bordering on bust material for a first overall.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
NYR fans still not giving up w/ the Stepan proposals :laugh:

"Hes a good player.. please take him!!"

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
What about Stepan for Galchenyuk +?

For starters, your + is on the wrong side. Galchenyuk is almost 4 years younger, still has room to improve to a 70points+ player like a scheifele. Stepan is a known quantity, you're going to get 50-55 points every single year. That and his 6.5m/year ugly contract is a big no.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Galchenyuk for Reinhart

Yeah, you'd have to go younger/unproven to get legit offensive centre upside for Galchenyuk. Somebody like that would make sense. I'm genuinely interested in Montreal's motives for trading a ~30 goal scorer in an attempt to get more offense? I'm assuming it's because he's more of a winger ... so he's got automatic less value than a true centre. Basically you're looking at similar age, similar upside moves. I guess the Habs don't really like this guy.

hockeyheadlines

Oct 9, 2016
Canada
Yeah, you'd have to go younger/unproven to get legit offensive centre upside for Galchenyuk. Somebody like that would make sense. I'm genuinely interested in Montreal's motives for trading a ~30 goal scorer in an attempt to get more offense? I'm assuming it's because he's more of a winger ... so he's got automatic less value than a true centre. Basically you're looking at similar age, similar upside moves. I guess the Habs don't really like this guy.

If you noticed, this is a personal opinion made by a very overworked and tired Friedman.

My guess is, "the Habs don't really want to trade this guy."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad