Friedman: Galchenyuk likely to be traded

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
NHL Insider Elliotte Friedman had a radio hit on Edmonton’s 630 CHED on Thursday afternoon that, as usual, covered a number of topics across the hockey world.

Toward the end of the segment, host Bob Stauffer dove in with a question on the minds of fans: “Where is the most likely scenario right now for Matt Duchene?â€

“That’s a great one,†said Friedman, who paused to contemplate the query.

Stauffer followed up immediately and asked if the Avalanche dealing Duchene to Montreal for Alex Galchenyuk made any sense at all.

“I do think Montreal will try and trade Galchenyuk,†answered Friedman. “I do. I think it’s likely he’s going to go.â€

https://www.fanragsports.com/news/friedman-wonders-senators-will-get-back-duchene-sweepstakes/

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
incoming MTL fans saying for 1OA or 2OA

At this point, I don't think Galy even enters that top pick territory. To me, he's worth a mid 1st and a good prospect, or a top 4 defenceman.

Galy for Ellis and a 1st.

Liked him as a player, tons of skill, but I've yet to see him play top line hockey for more than a 5 or so game stretch.

Havoq

Havoq
Apr 24, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Canes/Leafs fan coming in peace:

Haven't watched much MTL games over the last year or so - still very young and I know expectations has been high. What parts of his game have been or perceived to have been lacking for where he is at this point in the development stage?

If MTL were to deal - what would be the ideal return? Not necessarily specific player, but type of return?

Dr Danglefest

Lindros|Giroux|Krug
May 29, 2010
THE SouthShore, MASS
Clearly to the Bruins....e5

Something involving Drouin? Maybe something like Galchenyuk + Sergachev for Drouin + Namestnikov? Picks maybe added to whatever side feels slighted

Other than that maybe to a team with Pick 3-10 that prefers the developed guy over the draft pick

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.

Something involving Drouin? Maybe something like Galchenyuk + Sergachev for Drouin + Namestnikov? Picks maybe added to whatever side feels slighted

Other than that maybe to a team with Pick 3-10 that prefers the developed guy over the draft pick

Ouch, I can't imagine MTL wants to get rid of their two most promising young players in one deal, even if the value is pretty close.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
I just don't see the point. Out the kid at center and see what he does. Trading him just leaves a big hole to fill.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
:facepalm:

Well first it was Subban, now Chucky and Price will be soon enough.

MTL management is allergic to talent.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

Difference between Galchenyuk and Drouin (very little) is much smaller than the difference between Sergachev and Namestnikov (much more).

And this is coming from someone who doesn't see anything special from Sergachev.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
At this point, I don't think Galy even enters that top pick territory. To me, he's worth a mid 1st and a good prospect, or a top 4 defenceman.

Liked him as a player, tons of skill, but I've yet to see him play top line hockey for more than a 5 or so game stretch.

I hope that's a different Ellis than the one I'm thinking about because no way Nashville even considers that

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
The Avs-Habs trade isn't the worst idea in the world. Avs get younger and get out from the Duchene headache, Habs give Duchene a fresh start and get rid of their headache.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
So there was a rumor saying the Habs are looking at Nolan Patrick.

And now Galchenyuk is "likely to be traded".

It must be for 1OA :D

no? : (

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
OK Ill bite..Stephan ....Im guessing Habs have to add??

As a Rangers fan I think the value of fair 1 for 1. I wouldn't mind this at all but only if Chucky can play C here. If he's a LW for us I'd rather keep Step we have enough wingers already

member 157595

The only was this makes sense for Montreal is if he is a piece of the pie in a deal for an established top-line center, if such a deal is even possible. Otherwise, moving Galchenyuk would be stupid as hell.

Carey Price has a year left on his contract and your top defenseman will be slowing down soon; they need to either seriously compete now or burn it to the ground entirely (which Montreal will not do) in my opinion. I've seen more than my share of sustained mediocrity in Toronto; In this league, it is generally not sustainable or successful.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010

For the love of god please tell me youre not talking about Ryan Ellis :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad