Player Discussion Galchenyuk - Banished to Siberia Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
There was a (likely bogus don't take this as insider info) rumour floating around Twitter of Alex Galchenyuk for Nik Hjalmarsson and Anthony Duclair and a lot of people were talking like they were fine with it.

Sounds like H30 trash.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
When Galchenyuk has six 30 g seasons let me know. Pacioretty has had a better career than Galchenyuk ever will And im not defending Pacs

Give me 6 seasons of Galchenyuk at center and we'll see who has a better career. My bet is on Galchenyuk, because stats support my argument. Wishful thinking backs yours.

Thought both he and Galchenyuk shoulda been gone in the summer but ya Galchenyuk is a huge problem on this team
That's right Claude. Galchenyuk is the only problem on sub .500 hockey team. Makes perfect sense.

Drouin gets a pass so far because he’s NOT a centre just like I’m not People magazines sexiest man alive not matter how many times I tell myself I am
You know who's a center? GALCHENYUK!

Now do you see the hypocrisy of your argument? Drouin gets a pass because he's not a center being played at center but Galchenyuk doesn't despite being a center being played on the wing.

Last edited:

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Something along the lines of:

"Galchenyuk was pure **** here! There's no way he would score 70 points here like he has done on *Insert Team Name*! Bergevin had no choice but to trade him. Just be happy we got a 30 point second pairing defenseman and a 3rd round pick for him, it could have been worse considering how terrible he played for us! He was never going to work out here ffs! wake up!!"

I mean, that will likely be the reaction of at least one poster around here...

You forgot the famous "he matured after that trade".

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
Give me 6 seasons of Galchenyuk at center and we'll see who has a better career. My bet is on Galchenyuk, because stats support my argument. Wishful thinking backs yours.

That's right Claude. Galchenyuk is the only problem on sub .500 hockey team. Makes perfect sense.

You know who's a center? GALCHENYUK!

Now do you see the hypocrisy of your argument? Drouin gets a pass because he's not a center being played at center but Galchenyuk doesn't despite being a center being played on the wing.
Regardless if he's being defended or not, it seems futile not accepting the fact that Bergevin will trade Galchenyuk for table scraps, blame Chucky in a media press interview saying the move makes the team stronger character wise. Chucky proceeds to break out on his new team, Habs fan are upset, repeat the cycle.

Reactions: optimus2861

icerocket

Jan 4, 2008
Atlantis
Habs are gonna trade Galchenyuk. They are going to once again choose "un gars de chez nous" over a talented player. Of course the Habs ruined Galchenyuk's development so it won't be that much of a loss.

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
Regardless if he's being defended or not, it seems futile not accepting the fact that Bergevin will trade Galchenyuk for table scraps, blame Chucky in a media press interview saying the move makes the team stronger character wise. Chucky proceeds to break out on his new team, Habs fan are upset, repeat the cycle.

I guess you do know the feeling all too well (see Tyler Seguin)

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Galchenyuk should be centring the first line with Drouin and Gallagher as his wingers.

Drouin-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Pacioretty-Danault-Shaw
Hudon- Plekanec-Byron
Carr- DLR- Deslauriers

Chucky has always played great with Gally too. These guys are the perfect duo, you have the guy who likes toget his nose dirty while talented and Chuck is the pure skills guys that need to be paired with a guy like that,

Reactions: Runner77

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Watch us be completely and utterly out of the playoffs by February... CJ decides to flip Galchenyuk (to C) and Drouin (to LW).

Imagine BOTH go absolutely gangbusters, with both going PPG to finish the season and Alex somehow hitting 30 goals. We still miss the playoffs, but maybe by 5-7 points.

In the season end post-mortem, we’ll be fed some BS about how Alex had to learn to play the right way and we were ready to give him his chance when the season was lost.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Watch us be completely and utterly out of the playoffs by February... CJ decides to flip Galchenyuk (to C) and Drouin (to LW).

Imagine BOTH go absolutely gangbusters, with both going PPG to finish the season and Alex somehow hitting 30 goals. We still miss the playoffs, but maybe by 5-7 points.

In the season end post-mortem, we’ll be fed some BS about how Alex had to learn to play the right way and we were ready to give him his chance when the season was lost.

That's the worst possible season-ending scenario. If we're going to be out of it, might as well be really out of it, improve our chances for a higher draft pick and do a quick retool. Barely making the playoffs, is just going to punt the whole thing forward to next season -- valuable time will have been lost not doing the inevitable.

Last edited:

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
That's the worst possible season-ending scenario. If we're going to be out of it, might as well be out of it, improve our chances for a higher draft pick and do a quick retool. Barely making the playoffs, is just going to punt the whole thing forward to next season -- valuable time will have been lost not doing the inevitable.

Yeah, I chose my scenario carefully. I mean, it’s unlikely Chuck and Drouin will be flipped positionally (let alone both going PPG, lol), but say they were and both go on a ridiculous tear, leading us to many victories, only for us to fall short by a couple wins... I’d lose my mind on so many levels. Crap draft pick, missing the PO and both guys showing management what morons they are.

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario

Sounds about right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad