Gagarin Cup Playoffs 2020 (UPD: Cancelled)

Winner?!

• Total voters

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
LOL You don't need a degree to understand what profit means, right? Profit means that SKA returns more money than it spends. No matter where the money comes from. Gazprom does not lose money through SKA. It can't.

Just as Rogers with MLSE. If an enterprise is profitable the owners make money with it.

Thus:

1.I do not declare anything. You are declaring stuff of your own. I quote official sources. And if you knew a thing or two about those things, you'd know there is nothing that unusual about going from major losses to major profits or vice cersa in a year. Your argument is pretty meaningless.

2.What is that "according to Rotenberg"? There are official numbers. And income is income.

3.Thank you Captain Obvious, MLSE makes more money than SKA. But then again by your logic. They(TOR) can't even pay their overpriced superstars from their income from the gate. All is lost!

The only thing that matters is the result.

The only thing that matters is the result? LMAO

That would be news to tax officials around the World

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
LOL Media guided hordes vs. science supported common sense. Who wins? Hmmmm...

Btw, you aren't even able to see the point. The losers don't even have to be in Finnland. They don't have to be exposed or expose anyone as the games would probably be played without people in the stands anyway.

What's your point, people?

You have heard about government restrictions right?
Now, all foreign companies are trying to get their workers out of Russia and all other countries

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
LOL Media guided hordes vs. science supported common sense. Who wins? Hmmmm...

Btw, you aren't even able to see the point. The losers don't even have to be in Finnland. They don't have to be exposed or expose anyone as the games would probably be played without people in the stands anyway.

What's your point, people?
"Science-supported common sense" means the most scientific possible explanation that would go along with the party line in Russia so we aren't into that.

Since all the countries are getting quarantined "the losers" (who simply did the same thing as the rest of the world except for one very special country which has a habit to sweep everything under the carpet until it's too late) wouldn't be able to go back to Finland for, possibly, months. It's kinda not worth it, you know.

Reactions: Faterson

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
LOL You don't need a degree to understand what profit means, right? Profit means that SKA returns more money than it spends. No matter where the money comes from. Gazprom does not lose money through SKA. It can't.

Just as Rogers with MLSE. If an enterprise is profitable the owners make money with it.

Thus:

1.I do not declare anything. You are declaring stuff of your own. I quote official sources. And if you knew a thing or two about those things, you'd know there is nothing that unusual about going from major losses to major profits or vice cersa in a year. Your argument is pretty meaningless.

2.What is that "according to Rotenberg"? There are official numbers. And income is income.

3.Thank you Captain Obvious, MLSE makes more money than SKA. But then again by your logic. They(TOR) can't even pay their overpriced superstars from their income from the gate. All is lost!

The only thing that matters is the result.
I would like to inform our friend @Garl here because he speaks about SKA´s loses in 2017. So, asking him - when did SKA invest into its hockey academy facilities? 2017?

According to the official data from Tax Registry for SKA

2018 - sales 8 billion rubles, profit 0,5 million rubles

And I would like to remind our friend @Garl that SKA will be in red in the upcoming future because they have been investing in their new above 20,000 venue.

Reactions: Atas2000

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Vladimir Krikunov has called for Jokerit and Barys to be kicked out from the KHL.
Actual footage of that:

images

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Can't imagine the players are thrilled (foreign players in particular). More waiting around not knowing what's going to happen.

Hartikainen of Ufa already said he wished they would just cancel the season and that's a guy who leads the playoffs in goals.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Just watched the video of Krikunov saying that, he was clearly joking. Media are not idiots though, their job is to generate clicks and they're doing it well.

Sure. I don't like how our news site is claiming he's "trashing" Jokerit though. That's just a straight up lie. And it's not a gossip site either. Looks to me like the reporter doesn't even know he was joking.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Probably the right decision given how fast the situation evolves. Ìn a week it will be easier to see if it's still realistic to keep going.

Last edited:

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Can't imagine the players are thrilled (foreign players in particular). More waiting around not knowing what's going to happen.

Hartikainen of Ufa already said he wished they would just cancel the season and that's a guy who leads the playoffs in goals.

I think it's a very reasonable decision. It buys time for the KHL to assess the direction of the situation, plus players are provided a concrete timeline and can plan accordingly.

It certainly beats being 'suspended indefinitely'; where players are left hanging with no idea as to where, what, when, how anything is going to resume.

CPFC

Sep 12, 2004
Probably the right decision given how fast the situation evolves. Ìn a week it will be easier to see if it's still realistic to keep going.

If anything, the situation is going to be worse after a week. This postponement is de facto a cancellation. It will take 2 or 3 months for the situation to improve significantly, according to experts.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
I would like to inform our friend @Garl here because he speaks about SKA´s loses in 2017. So, asking him - when did SKA invest into its hockey academy facilities? 2017?

According to the official data from Tax Registry for SKA

2018 - sales 8 billion rubles, profit 0,5 million rubles

And I would like to remind our friend @Garl that SKA will be in red in the upcoming future because they have been investing in their new above 20,000 venue.
Dude, 8 billion rubles is 120 million USD in 2018. Are claiming that SKA earned this on tickets and coffee cups?

SKA is receiving money from State corporation. Rotenberg himself said they earned 1 billion rubles on commercial sales.

Unless you have a proper audit of SKA financial situation, appealing to "official tax report makes no sense".

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Dude, 8 billion rubles is 120 million USD in 2018. Are claiming that SKA earned this on tickets and coffee cups?

SKA is receiving money from State corporation. Rotenberg himself said they earned 1 billion rubles on commercial sales.

Unless you have a proper audit of SKA financial situation, appealing to "official tax report makes no sense".
In comparison, all the SHL teams had a combined revenue of 170-190 million USD in 2018, depending on the exchange rate (1,698 billion SEK)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad