Gagarin Cup 2015 • Final • SKA St. Petersburg bs. Ak Bars Kazan

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
The era is over. No more neutral zone trapping dinosaurs winning anything at any level of hockey ever.

When you put it this way it's not such a bad thing SKA won :laugh: I would had preferred CSKA but oh well, this will do. Had to happen sooner or later.

Sucro

Rhymesayers Fanboy
May 11, 2013
Vienna
RFPL and now the KHL to Piter. I hope that at least CSKA can take the Euroleague this year

loppa*

I see no reason to be happy, and what scares me is that the KHL will continue to privilege SKA in such a manner that they win every year. That would not be cool for the league.

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
My worst worries from the season start are sadly a major factor. Nilsson is not a goaltender to go for a Cup with. He must go. Worst signing of the offseason. His mediocrity was sheltered by the team all season. Now it's biting us at the worst time possible.

Cmon, Nilsson is that the last player you should be blaming in these finals. The fact is Ak-Bars could not generate enough offense. And what little they did, Koskinen stopped.

You were so sure that Ak Bars was the superior club that played hockey the "right" way. Well they were just taught a lesson on how to win hockey games. And had CSKA beat SKA, you can rest assured the same result would have happened vs Ak Bars.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
I was thinking, those hats look cool, I'd like to pick one up... Until the camera close up read "SKA is my life" lol really? :dunno::facepalm: They couldn't just put champions or anything more relevant on the hats?

Last edited:

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
I'd say Kovy. And he was the best player of the final series by far. He scored 11 points in the last 10 games btw. So it's kinda strange to hear whining about the choice.

I don't think anyone was really whining, just respect that he gave it to the guy who broke KHL PO scoring record.

pulverapa

Jul 22, 2011
Stockholm
Welcome to Stockholm Thoresen! Party your brains out and then come ready for the next season! PS. Don't get injured during the worlds. :)

Hockeyfan31*

Good signing whoever gets him, He still has couple of good years left in him I think

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Cmon, Nilsson is that the last player you should be blaming in these finals. The fact is Ak-Bars could not generate enough offense. And what little they did, Koskinen stopped.

You were so sure that Ak Bars was the superior club that played hockey the "right" way. Well they were just taught a lesson on how to win hockey games. And had CSKA beat SKA, you can rest assured the same result would have happened vs Ak Bars.

Nilsson is the first to blame. He never was waht we needed in this series. The second part I won't comment on. When people read something they want read into my posts I can't help it. Also can I borrow dat crystal ball of yours, just to check the what ifs about CSKA and stuff :laugh:

Hockeyfan31*

I was thinking, those hats look cool, I'd like to pick one up... Until the camera close up read "SKA is my life" lol really? :dunno::facepalm: They couldn't just put champions or anything more relevant on the hats?

Maybe they just were cheap, this way they could keep hats win or lose in finals :D

RFPL and now the KHL to Piter. I hope that at least CSKA can take the Euroleague this year

What is Euroleague?

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
Nilsson is the first to blame. He never was waht we needed in this series. The second part I won't comment on. When people read something they want read into my posts I can't help it. Also can I borrow dat crystal ball of yours, just to check the what ifs about CSKA and stuff :laugh:

Ak Bars scored 7 goals in 5 games and you are blaming the goalie? They could have had Henrik Lundqvist or Carey Price in net and still lost that series. You are the one who was going around saying the Western Conference powers didn't know how to play defense and yet SKA put on a defensive clinic. They collapsed in front of the net and blocked everything. They made it almost impossible for Ak Bars to get shots on goal.

The fact is, you were proven horribly wrong and you won't admit it. Ak Bars was the inferior team in that series, full-stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad