Gagarin Cup 2015 • Final • SKA St. Petersburg bs. Ak Bars Kazan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I heard that even Norwegian TV is broadcasting the Gagarin Cup final. It makes me wonder why didn't Viasat Hockey Sweden or the Swedish public service SVT, which has made a lot of reports about the KHL this season, pick it up? Viasat shows nothing but NHL at the moment now that HockeyAllsvenskan is done for the season.

Maybe next year.. :handclap:

No Swedes, lack of interest by the general public (which has been reported by Viasat themselves)? Thoresen is on SKA and he's pretty much their best player now so that makes sense.

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
I heard that even Norwegian TV is broadcasting the Gagarin Cup final. It makes me wonder why didn't Viasat Hockey Sweden or the Swedish public service SVT, which has made a lot of reports about the KHL this season, pick it up?

I bet it would be broadcast, had Jokerit made it to the finals.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
which Norwegian TV channel do broadcast the final series?

Sorry, I don't know which one I just heard that Norwegian TV broadcasted it. Hopefully some Norwegian on the board can answer this!

No Swedes, lack of interest by the general public (which has been reported by Viasat themselves)? Thoresen is on SKA and he's pretty much their best player now so that makes sense.

Tony Mårtensson and Jimmie Ericsson are both playing for SKA, Oscar Möller and Anders Nilsson for Ak Bars.

I would say that there's pretty big interest right now if you compare to the league's status in Sweden. Media write about it as teams have won instead of Swedish players won (like naming Omark instead of Jokerit in the title)

I bet it would be broadcast, had Jokerit made it to the finals.

I think so too

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Intrest shouldn't be problem in long run, KHL is legit product. Some teams will come and go but it should be looked as natural thing. It seems that it has happened alot in NHL too.

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
SKA played well defensively. Ak Bars didn't have many chances at even strength, and Koskinen made some very good saves on the PK.

Svitov ran Koskinen and then a while later speared Shipachyov twice.

Hockeyfan31*

I must say SKA power play is deadly

Great 3rd period by Ak Bars, it looks they won this game

Last edited by a moderator:

Hockeyfan31*

Shweeet, SKA won. Only one more win now, is also what CSKA fans said

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
My worst worries from the season start are sadly a major factor. Nilsson is not a goaltender to go for a Cup with. He must go. Worst signing of the offseason. His mediocrity was sheltered by the team all season. Now it's biting us at the worst time possible.

Hockeyfan31*

My worst worries from the season start are sadly a major factor. Nilsson is not a goaltender to go for a Cup with. He must go. Worst signing of the offseason. His mediocrity was sheltered by the team all season. Now it's biting us at the worst time possible.

Lol you were pretty bullish about how Kazan is championship team, and predicted that SKA will lose against everyone in play-offs, starting with Torpedo. It turns out SKA is better than Kazan in everything. Attack, defense, goalie, blocking shots, pp etc just name it, especially fans :D

CSKA - SKA really was final before final like many predicted. :yo:

Helpoing

21st c schizoid man
Jun 28, 2011
Riga
Boohoo, quite unticlimatic final series. At least Dadonov broke the record and became the best playoff scorer in League history. Some of his goals were simply outstanding, including the one he scored today.

Hockeyfan31*

This Ak Bars team has no heart, no leaders. I remember watching 2008 team lead by Morozov, that team would almost die on ice

punchonico99

Jan 2, 2014
Quebec
SKA deserve it, they played extremely well. Coming back after the 3-0 deficit against CSKA is what gave them the energy to win the cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad