Gagarin Cup 2015 • Final • SKA St. Petersburg bs. Ak Bars Kazan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Ak Bars scored 7 goals in 5 games and you are blaming the goalie? They could have had Henrik Lundqvist or Carey Price in net and still lost that series. You are the one who was going around saying the Western Conference powers didn't know how to play defense and yet SKA put on a defensive clinic. They collapsed in front of the net and blocked everything. They made it almost impossible for Ak Bars to get shots on goal.

The fact is, you were proven horribly wrong and you won't admit it. Ak Bars was the inferior team in that series, full-stop.

If you don't believe me, ask Pavel Bure. Is he competent enough fo you?

And how is losing in the finals being proven wrong? Just because you want it that way?

1.I never said western teams can't play defence. Read the posts, don't read something into posts. I wrote sometime midseason that SKA isn't playing playoff worthy defence and that was true then.

2.Yes AkBars qas the inferior team with inferior goaltending. Who knows what the outcome would be with a proper goale in net for AkBars? But that what you do, talkin about what coulsd have been... For me it's offseason. We should make some changes, starting with letting Nilsson go.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
If you don't believe me, ask Pavel Bure. Is he competent enough fo you?

Goalie argument? Really? Russian hockey philosophy is one rotten thing if it's not about finding ways to score and control the play but about goalie allowing 0 goals in 7 game series. Not that I didn't know that before or those playoffs didn't prove it yet another time.

And Bure? You mean the guy with no real coaching or hockey management experience of any kind? I'd say his opinion is as good as mine. I would trust his opinion on improving my skating technique, not about modern hockey tactics. I don't really blame you for trusting him though, Kazan hasn't got anything to do with modern hockey tactics for a long, long while now. Sure, let's better blame that scrub Swede in goal who carried the team through all those rounds before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad