Gagarin Cup 2014 • Conference Semi-Finals • Lev Praha vs Donbass Donetsk

Domenica

Strange, but also just unprofessional and a huge logistical pain in the ass. Tickets had already been sold for the game in Bratislava, seven of the Lev players didn't even have their passports with them because they don't need them within schengen..

Did they all pack their crystal balls that told them the whole series would be held in Bratislava instead?

I agree, it's probably not that easy to make travel arrangements but it's not the KHL's fault that some players don't know how to pack.

BlueBratislava

Nov 7, 2013
Unknown-1.jpeg

HC Donbass donated €50,000 to HC Slovan's youth as a gesture for hosting them in Bratislava. HC Slovan-Youth will spend this money on equipment, renting of off-ice facilities for summer training, and travelling to international tournaments.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Unknown-1.jpeg

HC Donbass donated €50,000 to HC Slovan's youth as a gesture for hosting them in Bratislava. HC Slovan-Youth will spend this money on equipment, renting of off-ice facilities for summer training, and travelling to international tournaments.

That's a nice gesture! :handclap:

NINYIslanders

Jan 3, 2005
Belfast
And me...have no idea why it was disallowed on review.

Looked to me like the puck was well over the line before the net came off.

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
absolutely professional play by Lev in last 5 minutes ... no chances for Donbass during that time :)

Last edited:

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Did Engren just outplay Vehanen? I havent followed this series close enough, but wow such goalkeeping depth in Prague.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Did Engren just outplay Vehanen? I havent followed this series close enough, but wow such goalkeeping depth in Prague.

In my opinion - he has. In Jalonen's opinion, I think, he knows he has a very good goalie in Engren and he can absolutely trust him even for an important games but if there was a winner take all match tomorrow he would still go with Vehanen because you know, he's Petri Vehanen.

The reason Engren started the game 3 is pretty clear - Vehanen needed a bit of a rest and he couldn't just keep playing back to backs so it made sense to rest him for game 3. Also he just lost the match in Prague so he benefited from a bit more bounce back time.

I guess reasons for playing Engren in game 6 are a lot similar and that line of thinking was only encouraged by the great game 3. He gave Vehanen time to rest and keep him fresh, both physically and mentally, for a possible game 7. Playing in game 7 after a recent loss to the same team isn't the best place for a goalie. Going with the backup in game 7 is extremely controversial for a coach so the way Jalonen handled is goalies makes total sense.

I think depending on how the series go, they will split time close 50-50 against Loko. At least in first 4 matches.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad