GDT: Gaem vs. Toronto

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
I always like the Canes chances against Toronto. Is Hainsey still a top pair guy over there? Those are the kinds of defenses that really struggle with the Canes fore-check. Maybe it'll just be another 50-23 shot 4-2 loss, but I never go into a game against the Leafs/Isles (pre trotz)/Pens thinking auto loss.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
I always like the Canes chances against Toronto. Is Hainsey still a top pair guy over there? Those are the kinds of defenses that really struggle with the Canes fore-check. Maybe it'll just be another 50-23 shot 4-2 loss, but I never go into a game against the Leafs/Isles (pre trotz)/Pens thinking auto loss.

Hainsy is a #4-5 DMan for the Leafs.
He's efficient with getting the puck out of the D-Zone.
Babcock likes his experience and gives him plenty of PK time.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
He's still listed as being paired with Reilly, which is an odd place for a #4-5. And we're very familiar with Hainsey's efficiency here.

He plays heavy PK minutes but when you look at ice time he is a #4 on the team. Babcock often changes up the pairings mid game to reserve him for protecting the lead near the end of the games or for use on the PK.

But regardless he's only there on paper not talent. I think it speaks to how good Rielly has been this year that he is doing what he is doing while being paired often with Hainsey.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I'm curious to see if either of those facts change the atmosphere of the board after a loss.
Probably depends on how they lose. Get routed and there will be anger; lose a big lead and there will be anger; give up lots of softies and there will be anger. But if it’s close and we lose because they make a few good plays that decide the game and we should be fine.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Unfortunately I am working tonight 5-close (probably 1 AM). Meaning I will have to watch this recorded. DONT SPOIL IT HOSERS
It's gonna be bad GDT if everyone be like "didja see when mmm mmm mmm mmm"

"and then mmm got mmm'd and he was missing from the bench a long time"

"when he finally came back his hair had turned from black into bright white"

"He said that it was from when the cars had smashed him so hard"

"mmm mmm mmm mmm"

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham

"mmm mmm mmm mmm"
Funny though but I won't promise anything

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
He's still listed as being paired with Reilly, which is an odd place for a #4-5. And we're very familiar with Hainsey's efficiency here.

True, but Hainsy does not play on either the #1 or #2 PP for the Leafs.
Reilly is a high flying Offensive DMan who needs a 'steady hand' as his partner.
Ron Hainsey does play an abundant amount of time on the Leaf's Penalty Kill Team.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

"mmm mmm mmm mmm"

Once, there was this guurll who..... birthmarks all over her bod-eee.

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
for old time's sake: 6-1 win, Hainsey kicks the puck past Andersen 5 times

but on the real, I guess I'll go on record being very skeptical about this "Rask returns after just one practice" situation. just feels like something we'll be smhing about 2 weeks from now when he's dealing with a LBI aka pulled hammy from trying to get up to speed outside of traditional recovery protocol.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad