GDT: Gaem vs. Toronto

The Jerk Store

Felix Unger Score'em
Jul 2, 2012
Hills to the North
Down by our seats Fleury was the closest player for the postgame celebration. He really plowed into the boards and looked like he was having a great time. I have mixed feelings about the nature of the whole thing but damn if I didn’t enjoy it last night.

Just wait for Necas to rejoin the team. Video footage of his play suggests he may be the best at running into the boards at high speed.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I wonder if Brind'Amour was in his ear about being so passive with the puck. They need him to be more assertive carrying it. It can't be on his stick and off his stick in one second when he's playing with the likes of Martinook and Wallmark.
I mean maybe? But he looked like his youtube highlight reels, with a years maturity added. Strong like bull, good hands, confidence with the puck. Kinda night and day from what we've seen? He looked liked you expected him to look going into the season. Like Brindy threatened to pull his man card or someone kicked his dog.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
I noticed the team came out more physical like they did the first few games. They weren't nasty but everyone finished their checks adding more pressure for the opposition to make quicker decisions.

Staal stood out here actually laying the body rather than going through the motions. He's never going to have soft hands but when he punishes dmen like that he has a noticably larger impact on the game.

robbieberns

Feb 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
I noticed the team came out more physical like they did the first few games. They weren't nasty but everyone finished their checks adding more pressure for the opposition to make quicker decisions.

Staal stood out here actually laying the body rather than going through the motions. He's never going to have soft hands but when he punishes dmen like that he has a noticably larger impact on the game.
This is why I am always pushing to give him dynamic talent on his wings. He thrived with Aho and TT because all he needed to do was be a possession hound, and a guy to create space in the offensive zone.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I mean maybe? But he looked like his youtube highlight reels, with a years maturity added. Strong like bull, good hands, confidence with the puck. Kinda night and day from what we've seen? He looked liked you expected him to look going into the season. Like Brindy threatened to pull his man card or someone kicked his dog.

I think Svech has been coming on for a while now, but instead of a good play here and there, he's looking good for entire periods. Possibly a combination of Brindy giving him more ice time, which shows he has more confidence in him, and just that he's finally getting acclimated to the NHL. He doesn't look as gassed either. Overall he just looks more comfortable.

This season started slow for him, but I expect we'll see an entirely different player by the end of it.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->