GDT: Gaem vs. Toronto

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
So Svech was dominant in the first. For the first time he looked like he was the first forward in the draft. Fell off quite a bit the rest but I’m glad he got rewarded, he created the first goal almost solo.

I watched the TO broadcast for giggles. They flat out accuses the building for padding the shot clock. Multiple times. They go to the panel in between periods and Friedman said people were doubting it even in the studio and that the “boys upstairs” actually went back and counted them all to verify that it was legit. Then the next period the game guys said it wasn’t padded again anyways.

My god **** all those people. So arrogant.

All around good effort. Rask got brought in slow, everyone contributed it seemed. Aho wasn’t too noticeable. Defense played great I thought.

There's a main board thread in which a few Leafs fans did the same. So I brought out the numbers and wouldn't you know it, the difference between our average shot total at PNC Arena and our average shot total on the road is about 2 shots/game?

First, let's start with our home games.

DateOpponentCAR ShotsOPP Shots
10/4/18NYI4620
10/7/18NYR4024
10/9/18VAN3325
10/20/18COL4322
10/26/18SJS4123
10/28/18NYI3920
10/30/18BOS4431
11/10/18DET5232
11/12/18CHI4035
11/17/18CBJ3124
11/18/18NJD2534
11/21/18TOR4532
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

And now away

DateOpponentCAR ShotsOPP Shots
10/5/18CBJ3532
10/13/18MIN5723
10/14/18WPG4326
10/16/18TBL4027
10/22/18DET3921
11/2/18ARI5125
11/3/18VGK3425
11/6/18STL3920
11/8/18CHI3438
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

And now the averages:

CAR Average Shots (Home) - 39.92
CAR Average Shots (Away) - 38

OPP Average Shots Allowed (@ PNC Arena) - 26.83
OPP Average Shots Allowed (Away) - 26.33

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
So Svech was dominant in the first. For the first time he looked like he was the first forward in the draft. Fell off quite a bit the rest but I’m glad he got rewarded, he created the first goal almost solo.

I watched the TO broadcast for giggles. They flat out accuses the building for padding the shot clock. Multiple times. They go to the panel in between periods and Friedman said people were doubting it even in the studio and that the “boys upstairs” actually went back and counted them all to verify that it was legit. Then the next period the game guys said it wasn’t padded again anyways.

All around good effort. Rask got brought in slow, everyone contributed it seemed. Aho wasn’t too noticeable. Defense played great I thought.

Yeah I was subjected to Sportsnet as well. Friedman is the only guy on the entire broadcast, in game or studio, that can connect 2 brain cells together. It's embarrassing, Greg Millen is a clown

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014

I watched the TO broadcast for giggles. They flat out accuses the building for padding the shot clock. Multiple times. They go to the panel in between periods and Friedman said people were doubting it even in the studio and that the “boys upstairs” actually went back and counted them all to verify that it was legit. Then the next period the game guys said it was padded again anyways.

Yeah I saw Leaf fans insisting we should be fined for "stat padding"

AeroFishOne

The Curriest of the Curry’s
Feb 5, 2010
You know I really should like Toronto more than I do because i like a lot of their team but damn if the media and their fans make it impossible to enjoy any amount of success they may have.

Feel for Tripp,we get on the guy but he really seems like a good dude and I’d certainly miss him from the tv cast. Hope whatever else his father heals quickly. Might have missed it in the game thread but did anyone catch him saying he rather be streaming than streaking in this cold weather, or something to that effect.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
I know we all like to complain about him and dunk on him, but did anybody else notice Tripp get super emotional at the end of the game when he dedicated the win to his Dad? My wife and I both got the impression that it sounded like Emmet, Jr.'s not in good health.
I was at the game, so I missed that.

For all the crap I give Tripp, he's a good guy, and he's all about having fun, which is what the game is about. I hope everything will be okay with his father.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Darling has a .903 sv%. McBackup going into the night had a .903 sv%.

You'd think it was Cmc at .935 and Darling at .850 the way people talk about the two.

What I like about Curtis is how well he tracks the puck through traffic. But if I need someone to play laterally a bit, I'd rather have Darling.

The team has played some real good games in front of McC. Trying to think of his biggest save of the night. Maybe a shoulder shrug save through a screen? He did his job, but they really did an amazing job in front of him.
I think the telling thing with that is just how solid Curtis has been in his positioning. He hasn't been having to make the great saves because he's been in the right position every time the last two starts.

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011
I think the telling thing with that is just how solid Curtis has been in his positioning. He hasn't been having to make the great saves because he's been in the right position every time the last two starts.

Exactly

McStarter is quiet, calm and doesn't use any more movement that he has to.

Darling is a beached whale in there. He has to make the big save because he's never in the proper position

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009

I hope you're right. But I thought last night was a performance based on team defense, which gave up nothing other than that Tavares goal. Nothing like the Columbus game, where the BlueJackets were skating straight up the gut unchecked all night.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I hope you're right. But I thought last night was a performance based on team defense, which gave up nothing other than that Tavares goal. Nothing like the Columbus game, where the BlueJackets were skating straight up the gut unchecked all night.
You likely have a point with that as well. Personally I'd stay with Mac and roll Darling on the next start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad