Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
"If you could move an immovable object, what would it take?"

A lot.

El Travo

Aug 11, 2015
hes not immovable

He's not on McDavid's, or even MacKinnon's level of immovable, but it's going to take a heck of a lot for someone to nab him away from the Avalanche.

So to rephrase my previous post:

"If my team could acquire this guy who isn't likely to be moved, what would it take?"

A lot.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
He's not on McDavid's, or even MacKinnon's level of immovable, but it's going to take a heck of a lot for someone to nab him away from the Avalanche.

So to rephrase my previous post:

"If my team could acquire this guy who isn't likely to be moved, what would it take?"

A lot.

sounds better. A core of Duchene, MacKinnon, Landeskog is incredibly good. The avs really need D to actually be a strong team in the west.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
He gives you a reasoned post, and the Montreal Canadiens fan who probably watched two Predators games a year dismisses it with a few emoticons. Enjoy a declining Weber and that contract until...2026, it's apparent you're in denial, because I wouldn't touch Weber for Landeskog. The Avs window isn't within the next two years.

He gives his rather poor opinion. Ive watched Weber alot. Hes extremely good in his own end. I watched the playoffs, asides a couple of games, he was dominant.

But no the opinion of some hf posters is more credible than Babcock, Teows and all the other GMs that regard Weber as a top and elite Dman. :laugh::laugh:

The market is really obvious that Weber would get Landeskog and quite some more. But no, how dare me, I forgot once u turn 31 years old, u cant skate, u suddenly go from the best to the worst. How numbers change opinions lol.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Oh yeah i might not enjoy Weber as much as Subban but I will really enjoy his effects on the habs younger Dmen in Sergechev, Beaulieu and Juulsen. And he's still a special player.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Would Colorado be interested in moving Landeskog, and if so for what cost from Montreal?

Avs biggest need right now is for wingers, he is there captain and he is one of the best LW's in the NHL. No chance they trade him.

Even if they were going to move him, MTL doesn't really have anything other NHL teams would want. They can't move Price and Patches makes 0 sense.

I'd say Gabe is the 2nd most untradeable player after Mackinnon.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Avs biggest need right now is for wingers, he is there captain and he is one of the best LW's in the NHL. No chance they trade him.

Even if they were going to move him, MTL doesn't really have anything other NHL teams would want. They can't move Price and Patches makes 0 sense.

I'd say Gabe is the 2nd most untradeable player after Mackinnon.

Dont worry the habs wont go after Landy, they already have Pacs and Lehkonen. I see them making a push for Duchene if they are in the playoffs or Ratanen if they are out.

Im assuming the habs want to make a deal with the avs.

El Travo

Aug 11, 2015
Dont worry the habs wont go after Landy, they already have Pacs and Lehkonen. I see them making a push for Duchene if they are in the playoffs or Ratanen if they are out.

Im assuming the habs want to make a deal with the avs.

And what reason do the Avs have for trading Rantanen? Or Duchene?

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
And what reason do the Avs have for trading Rantanen? Or Duchene?

I was assuming the habs wanted to make a deal with the avs. Landy to mtl makes no sense for both sides. If the habs were in talks with the avs it would be Duchene, assuming the habs are in it and the avs are not, or Ratanen, the habs are not in it and the avs are.

Not too long ago Duchene was being shopped and hes been in the rumor mill for quite some time.
And what do you mean WHY would they trade ratanen?? Wouldnt it be obvious to obtain value in a trade? Say the avs are making a serious push for the playoffs/cup and players like Pacs, Shattenkirk, Marchand, Eberle, and so on were to be available at the TD, trading Ratanen would be the obvious center piece. In fact, he would be the only piece the avs have that would be enough to entice any team to part ways with the players mentioned (excluding core players and Jost).

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Habs are a bad fit for a trade partner with the Avs. Montreal is almost as hard up for good defenseman as Colorado.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
The core for the Avs (Duchene, MacKinnon, Landeskog, EJ, Barrie, and Varly) aren't players to trade. They all look to benefit greatly from Bednar and Pratt. Toss in guys like Bigras, Zadorov, and Rantanen. All young guys that have great chances at being core players thanks to the same coaching staff. The only guys I can see as pieces the staff wouldn't want are complimentary or aging players that wouldn't bring much in a trade.

I'd imagine you'd get another "core" player back--another player the trade partner would consider "core". It's hard to imagine unless it's happened and it's in front of you but I doubt it would be traumatic. Obviously not going to happen but what if you got Justin Faulk back? Not necessarily one for one but Faulk would immediately be "core" and your team would be better balanced.

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
if the habs wanna make a move with the avs, they should go after Ratanen.

Landeskog would cost the habs pacs/gallagher/weber.

Rantanen is pretty much what Landy was several years ago... Two way beast that has the ceiling to make the difference offensively and/or defensively, both still developing

Avsblitzkrieg

May 1, 2016
Westminster
if the habs wanna make a move with the avs, they should go after Ratanen.

Landeskog would cost the habs pacs/gallagher/weber.
Bring your check book. Your gonna pay dearly. You are not gonna see any trades out of Colorado this year. So to pry anyone you'd over pay by a lot

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
As of right now, he's our only surefire top 6 winger. I think guys like Rantanen and Grigorenko can and will solidify their spots over the next year or so, but until they do, we aren't trading the only top 6 winger we have for anything other than a drastic overpayment.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
He gives his rather poor opinion. Ive watched Weber alot. Hes extremely good in his own end. I watched the playoffs, asides a couple of games, he was dominant.

But no the opinion of some hf posters is more credible than Babcock, Teows and all the other GMs that regard Weber as a top and elite Dman. :laugh::laugh:

The market is really obvious that Weber would get Landeskog and quite some more. But no, how dare me, I forgot once u turn 31 years old, u cant skate, u suddenly go from the best to the worst. How numbers change opinions lol.

So you still have nothing concrete to back up your claims?

Weber is poor in his own end, he's been declining since 2013. The numbers prove this. He's a bad possession player. He is bad at shot suppression.

I'll say it again. Landeskog is superior defensively to Weber. The eye test and the data even shows this to be true. My "poor opinion" has evidence to support this. Your opinion that Weber is an elite shut down d man seems to be based off his 2012 season and nothing else.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I wouldn't trade Landy for any single Habs player 1 for 1, I choose Landy over them all. Great player

Neutral fan

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
So you still have nothing concrete to back up your claims?

Weber is poor in his own end, he's been declining since 2013. The numbers prove this. He's a bad possession player. He is bad at shot suppression.

I'll say it again. Landeskog is superior defensively to Weber. The eye test and the data even shows this to be true. My "poor opinion" has evidence to support this. Your opinion that Weber is an elite shut down d man seems to be based off his 2012 season and nothing else.

plz go watch the wch and tell hes bad in his own end. LMAO:laugh::laugh::laugh:

He is dominating the best of the world.

Last edited by a moderator:

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
plz go watch the wch and tell hes bad in his own end. LMAO:laugh::laugh::laugh:

He is dominating the best of the world.

Great he's doing well in a small sample size tourney...in the NHL.. he's not a stay at home defenseman. He's bad defensively in the NHL. The numbers back that up. Sorry that you have no evidence to support your claims other than "I saw this!" I watch him plenty, he makes a lot of mistakes in his own zone. He has trouble moving his feet. He just isn't what he used to be. Again, numbers even support this. I'd rather have Landy over Weber. Landy is the better player. Continue screaming into the night that Weber is an elite stay at home defenseman. You certainly can't prove it. He's good in the offensive zone. That's about it.

Look, find me any concrete evidence that even remotely implies that Weber is a good stay at home defenseman, and I'll rescind my statement that he isn't one. Your little "OMG I WATCH HIM HE IS!" statements aren't concrete. Spoiler alert, you won't find ANY data that even suggests that he's a competent shut down defenseman, because he isn't. He used to be an elite player. He is no longer what you think he is. Weber is good in the offensive zone, but even his own team doesn't score much when he's on the ice. He's a bad possession player. He doesn't suppress shots. He has been on the decline and isn't going to get any better. You can't even tell me why you feel Weber is an elite shut down defenseman. All you scream is that he's dominating the WCH (they played 1 game so far that wasn't a pre-tournament game). You have zero proof to back up your claims. Weber just isn't what you think he is. He's got a hard shot and hits people. That is not an elite stay at home defenseman.

I'm sure you'll just reply to this with some sort of emoticon and sarcastic remark because you can't find any proof that he's what you think he is though. You can't even prove that he's better defensively than Landeskog (he isn't).

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad