Value of: Gabriel Landeskog

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
Probably would take Pacioretty + or Galchenyuk. Neither are deals I would make, but that's probably what Colorado would want, and rightfully so.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
He's not moving for something short of an offer too good to say no to (e.g. a future / current genuine #1 defensman; his name came up from Dreger earlier in the summer for Lindholm).

Landeskog is one of three / four top six forwards on the Avs, the only genuine top six winger on the team, brings a unique element that nobody else really does, is probably the best two way forward on the club, is only 23 years old, is signed for 5 more seasons at a nice cap hit, and he's the captain. His value is immense to the team.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
if the habs wanna make a move with the avs, they should go after Ratanen.

Landeskog would cost the habs pacs/gallagher/weber.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
if the habs wanna make a move with the avs, they should go after Ratanen.

Landeskog would cost the habs pacs/gallagher/weber.

And why would the Avs move the the prospect they drafted top 10 just a year ago and who had a brilliant season in the AHL as a 19 year old...

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
Galchenyuk or Pacioretty are likely the only pieces they'd be interested in from us. I'd add a little to Pacioretty for Landeskog but I wouldn't move Galchenyuk for him as we have no one to replace him.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Galchenyuk or Pacioretty are likely the only pieces they'd be interested in from us. I'd add a little to Pacioretty for Landeskog but I wouldn't move Galchenyuk for him as we have no one to replace him.

Galchenyuk for Landy from a habs pov is the easiest no ever honestly. Not that value is off, the habs have no young or established top center. gally fills that role. Trading our best C for what would be our second best LW would be a really bad idea. The upgrade from Lehkonen to Landy is not worth the major downgrade from Galchenyuk to no one.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
The only player I wanted from Montreal was Subban. I wouldn't even do it for Weber. Weber is on the decline and hasn't been elite defensively for a few years now. He's still good offensively, but we have Barrie for that.

Avs need more top 6 wings, not less.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
The Avs liked Sergachev, start there and keep going. But really, if the Avs were to ever move Landeskog it wouldn't be for a package, it would be for an equally big piece. You guys understand trades like that.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
The only player I wanted from Montreal was Subban. I wouldn't even do it for Weber. Weber is on the decline and hasn't been elite defensively for a few years now. He's still good offensively, but we have Barrie for that.

Avs need more top 6 wings, not less.

funny to hear that when weber is playing 20+ minutes for canada as the complete shut down D along Vlasic. Hes elite in his own zone. honestly, Landeskog wouldnt be enough for Weber.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
The Avs liked Sergachev, start there and keep going. But really, if the Avs were to ever move Landeskog it wouldn't be for a package, it would be for an equally big piece. You guys understand trades like that.

agreed. Unless the avs accept Gallagher or Pacs, theres no trade to be made. The habs are not moving Galchenyuk.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
funny to hear that when weber is playing 20+ minutes for canada as the complete shut down D along Vlasic. Hes elite in his own zone. honestly, Landeskog wouldnt be enough for Weber.

Weber is not elite in his own zone anymore. He hasn't been for a few years. A lot of you seem to be living in the past. Weber no longer suppresses shots and is not a good possession player. He's not a shut down defenseman. People keep saying that, but the eye test and the numbers even support that. He's great offensively still, but a shut down d man, he is not.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Weber is not elite in his own zone anymore. He hasn't been for a few years. A lot of you seem to be living in the past. Weber no longer suppresses shots and is not a good possession player. He's not a shut down defenseman. People keep saying that, but the eye test and the numbers even support that. He's great offensively still, but a shut down d man, he is not.

weber is one of the top Defensive dman.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
weber is one of the top Defensive dman.

In 2012 sure... in 2015-16...he wasn't. What makes him a top defensive dman. Tell me. Because by my eye and the numbers, he's not even remotely close to being that. He does not suppress shots. He's not good at limiting opposing team's chances. He's not even a positive possession player anymore. By what measure is he this "elite shut down defender"? Please, tell me. Because the Shea Weber I watch is slow, takes himself out of position to make a hit, and is good in the offensive zone.

As far as him for Landy...hell no. Landy is better defensively than Weber is anymore and produces as good if not better numbers. Shea Weber hasn't been elite for a bit now. He's been on the decline for a while now. He's elite in past reputation only.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Well the Avs certainly have some attractive pieces to trade if they want to retool to play up to the new coach's preference/strengths.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
In 2012 sure... in 2015-16...he wasn't. What makes him a top defensive dman. Tell me. Because by my eye and the numbers, he's not even remotely close to being that. He does not suppress shots. He's not good at limiting opposing team's chances. He's not even a positive possession player anymore. By what measure is he this "elite shut down defender"? Please, tell me. Because the Shea Weber I watch is slow, takes himself out of position to make a hit, and is good in the offensive zone.

As far as him for Landy...hell no. Landy is better defensively than Weber is anymore and produces as good if not better numbers. Shea Weber hasn't been elite for a bit now. He's been on the decline for a while now. He's elite in past reputation only.

The opinion of a Avs fan confirms it :laugh::laugh:

As for Weber for Landy in a trade, the Avs would be all over it. 100% Guaranteed. Enjoy being the Oilers of no defense on the team.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado

As for Weber for Landy in a trade, the Avs would be all over it. 100% Guaranteed. Enjoy being the Oilers of no defense on the team.

So what you're saying is that you have nothing to back up your claims of Shea Weber being elite and instead are just turning to mocking the Avs. Predictable.

I don't even like Landeskog that much, but I recognize just how good he is defensively. The numbers support those claims by the way.

Avs wouldn't do Landy straight up for Weber. Landy is on a better contract, younger, and fills a position of need as the Avs have no quality wings outside of him. They have no need for an aging Weber that is not very good in his own end.

Avs44

May 16, 2011

He gives you a reasoned post, and the Montreal Canadiens fan who probably watched two Predators games a year dismisses it with a few emoticons. Enjoy a declining Weber and that contract until...2026, it's apparent you're in denial, because I wouldn't touch Weber for Landeskog. The Avs window isn't within the next two years.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Well the Avs certainly have some attractive pieces to trade if they want to retool to play up to the new coach's preference/strengths.

The core for the Avs (Duchene, MacKinnon, Landeskog, EJ, Barrie, and Varly) aren't players to trade. They all look to benefit greatly from Bednar and Pratt. Toss in guys like Bigras, Zadorov, and Rantanen. All young guys that have great chances at being core players thanks to the same coaching staff. The only guys I can see as pieces the staff wouldn't want are complimentary or aging players that wouldn't bring much in a trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad