Post-Game Talk: G9: Not-Charas @ The Fighting Charas | 1/30/21 | 7p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
The Caps have enough D. Jensen was skating top 4 before TVR got a chance to play. Siegenthaler and Jensen are a pretty legit 3rd pair.

I am more worried about Ov not skating for a week and playing right away than I am about Oshie at center. Dowd has been really good for a while now. Sgarbossa has been a quality call up. Whats not to like?

My only issue is that the Caps have lost one game before the shootout and that in OT. They are due to lose one. That is balanced by the history that the Caps own the Bruins and I dont think that washes off with Holtby gone.
I’d love to see a Caps win, obv. I just don’t think it’s going to happen. Hope I am wrong

Reactions: AussieCapsFan

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Feel like Ovi being in the lineup and the other 2 out is an implicit acknowledgment that, for better or worse, the coaches don’t really view skating as a key part of his game.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I guess it really is true that Ovie and Orlov had antibodies. Which at least makes both available while who knows how long Sammy and Kuzy takes. Best of health to both.

Do we know this for a fact or are we basing it off what that one poster keeps saying? Orlov is not playing because he's sick, per the tweet further up-thread. I don't think that aligns with the "they're immune and should have been allowed to hang out because they already got it" narrative.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Do we know this for a fact or are we basing it off what that one poster keeps saying? Orlov is not playing because he's sick, per the tweet further up-thread. I don't think that aligns with the "they're immune and should have been allowed to hang out because they already got it" narrative.
It was Ovechkin’s wife that said it. Not a poster, FYI. Someone was quoting her tweet.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
I have doubts about this too, I think it comes from Mrs.OV and a Russian interview w/OV (RMNB? story I think) ; he claims to have antibodies b/c he was around his mom who had Covid?
A little suspect at best and interesting that this wasn't a Huge NHL storyline that OV had Covid last summer and wasn't followed up on more in-depth

Reactions: Calicaps

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
I thought that for gm.7
I thought that for gm.8
I think that for gm.9 but it's nice to be wrong about things like this, maybe OV back brings some energy and Top-6 scoring
OV is due for a multi goal game. 1 in 4 (now 8) games must be his worst start to a season ever. I think his Rocket chances are gone this year. Unless other guys get injured.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I have doubts about this too, I think it comes from Mrs.OV and a Russian interview w/OV (RMNB? story I think) ; he claims to have antibodies b/c he was around his mom who had Covid?
A little suspect at best and interesting that this wasn't a Huge NHL storyline that OV had Covid last summer and wasn't followed up on more in-depth
I don't remember where I read it so I'll never be able to quote it but I thought I remembered the story coming out a few months ago, and he was apparently asymptomatic as well. If I remember correctly he got tested, had antibodies, and they were like "oh well I guess he had it" but I don't remember anything about him actually being sick.

Granted I'm not entirely sure I trust anything that comes out of that media curtain

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
It was Ovechkin’s wife that said it. Not a poster, FYI. Someone was quoting her tweet.

Yeah I'm not saying the poster is the original source, but they were pushing the issue as though it was fact and iirc tried to argue against the punishment because of it.

As a general comment I doubt Ovie's 2nd line status is fitness related, fwiw. His fitness hasn't been a problem for years so a few games off likely have little effect. IMO it's just rewarding the guys who stuck it out the last 4 games and issuing a minor coach's punishment to a star player short of actual benching. If they fall behind the lines could change. Or Ovie could start on line 1. Who knows.

Reactions: zappa4ever

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010

Oh, I am just basing that off the morning skate, where both Ovie and Orlov were on the ice with the rest of the team. I think Orlov isn't playing because there is more depth on the blue line than with the forwards right now, otherwise I think Lavi would want both out of this game.

If Orlov was sick, he would still be away from the team.

Futures Passed

Strike first. Strike hard. No mercy.
Sep 2, 2018
I don't remember where I read it so I'll never be able to quote it but I thought I remembered the story coming out a few months ago, and he was apparently asymptomatic as well. If I remember correctly he got tested, had antibodies, and they were like "oh well I guess he had it" but I don't remember anything about him actually being sick.

Granted I'm not entirely sure I trust anything that comes out of that media curtain
Yeah, I remember reading something to that effect as well. Ovie's mom tested positive, so he tested as well and found out he had antibodies at the time. With that being said, people with antibodies can still carry the disease again and transmit it to others. Plus, getting tested for antibodies too soon after an infection can lead to faulty results. It's also not certain how long the antibodies last and seems to vary from case to case, so it doesn't really change much.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Oh, I am just basing that off the morning skate, where both Ovie and Orlov were on the ice with the rest of the team. I think Orlov isn't playing because there is more depth on the blue line than with the forwards right now, otherwise I think Lavi would want both out of this game.

If Orlov was sick, he would still be away from the team.

The sick Orlov comment was based off this tweet from earlier

upload_2021-1-30_17-2-45.png

Maybe I misread that as sickness instead of fitness, dunno.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
The sick Orlov comment was based off this tweet from earlier

View attachment 390413

Maybe I misread that as sickness instead of fitness, dunno.

Ah I can see what you mean now. But yeah, you would have to think that they wouldn't allow him to skate with the team if he didn't pass the test for coronavirus, right? Or maybe he was sick earlier and overcame it and passed the test but still feels weak?

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Ovies wife said they had it on her IG rant

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Feel like Ovi being in the lineup and the other 2 out is an implicit acknowledgment that, for better or worse, the coaches don’t really view skating as a key part of his game.

I think him getting gassed easy or being a little slower than normal isnt the issue. Its that without skating and then jumping straight into a game, he could get hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad