GDT: G9: Avs at Wild - 7pm CT (FSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Then why is he being paid like one?

Because he's a really good player that was looking at UFA status at a time when the right side of the defense wasn't as strong as it is now, and he must have a pretty good agent and/or Guerin struggles at negotiating contracts.

I certainly wouldn't have minded if it stayed in the $6's but here we are.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Because he's a really good player that was looking at UFA status at a time when the right side of the defense wasn't as strong as it is now, and he must have a pretty good agent and/or Guerin struggles at negotiating contracts.

I certainly wouldn't have minded if it stayed in the $6's but here we are.

This is true regardless of Spurgeon's agent.

Reactions: 2Pair

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
This is true regardless of Spurgeon's agent.

Greenway's is fine, though it's pretty hard to screw up a 2 year bridge.

Early, but Talbot's doesn't seem too bad.

I'm guessing we'll learn quite a bit in this regard this summer with Fiala, Kaprizov and Eriksson Ek coming due.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Seems to me the 2 easiest guys for the Avs to get the puck off of are Rask and Parise

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
He was a dick, sure. But not signing Spurgeon and looking to trade him instead got him fired.

Yeah you're going to need to link your source, because I haven't seen anything to indicate this is true.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Yeah you're going to need to link your source, because I haven't seen anything to indicate this is true.

Look at the timing of his firing. Fenton wouldn't re-sign Spurgeon and had his name in trade rumors. He gets fired. Then the first thing the new GM does is give a boat anchor contract to Spurgeon.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Look at the timing of his firing. Fenton wouldn't re-sign Spurgeon and had his name in trade rumors. He gets fired. Then the first thing the new GM does is give a boat anchor contract to Spurgeon.

Yeah that's not a source or proof.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I think it's a stretch to say that's the "reason" he was fired. But it isn't hard to believe that it played a role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad