GDT: G9: Avs at Wild - 7pm CT (FSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game Day!

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Who: Colorado Avalanche (5-3-0) at Minnesota Wild (5-3-0)
Puck drop: 7:08 p.m. CT
Watch: FOX Sports North, FOX Sports App
Listen: KFAN FM 100.3, Wild Radio Network, Wild NHL App

The Wild will see a familiar foe for the next six days as it opens a stretch of four consecutive games against the Colorado Avalanche beginning Saturday at Xcel Energy Center.

The two clubs play back-to-back games this weekend at Xcel Energy Center before they shift to Denver's Ball Arena on Tuesday and Thursday nights.

Cam Talbot, who has missed the past three games because of injury, could return to play this weekend. Kaapo Kahkonen has filled in well in his place, posting a 3-2-0 record with a 2.40 goals-against average and a .917 save percentage.

Wild Warmup: Minnesota vs. Colorado

5084309.jpg

Lets Go Wild!

Reactions: TaLoN

Wabit

May 23, 2016
4 straight games against the Avs. It feels like there should be a series thread for this. I think it's just going to get nasty by the end of these 4 games.

mahnster

Jun 30, 2018
3 more games of Hunt playing forward? There's an open spot on the 1st PP unit for him. :naughty:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I fear a butt spanking. Hopefully we will be able to compete, at least. The only guys that I know are going to show up front are KK, the GEEF's, Sturm, and maybe Hartman.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I fear a butt spanking. Hopefully we will be able to compete, at least. The only guys that I know are going to show up front are KK, the GEEF's, Sturm, and maybe Hartman.

Parise seems to show up against the Avs.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
In which of these two games do you expect Cameron Talbot be playing again? Interesting to see a comeback from the real one.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
The way I see it, the Avs have no excuses to lose. Their lineup plus Fiala being out.....yep. I'd be very happy with a split.

And in case I haven't said it before, @#$! the Avs! No, really. Screw them all to h-e-double hockey sticks! Hope the little dipsticks trip on their skate laces. Have hated them with a passion since year 1.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
This is going to be a big series for a lot of people. Kaprizov faces his first good NHL team, Kahkonen gets a chance to steal a game and Evason will have to find a way to deal with Fiala’s absence. We will know a lot more about our team in 4 games, that’s for sure. I think Sturm and Bjugstad have a good series and Wild come away with 4 or 5 points.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
This is going to be a big series for a lot of people. Kaprizov faces his first good NHL team, Kahkonen gets a chance to steal a game and Evason will have to find a way to deal with Fiala’s absence. We will know a lot more about our team in 4 games, that’s for sure. I think Sturm and Bjugstad have a good series and Wild come away with 4 or 5 points.
Evason playing Hunt tells me all I really need to know about him

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Some pre-game Colorado news. Four of Colorado's defenseman will be 22 years old or younger.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I don’t recall but the convo being had about this before is he cap strapped and forced in anyway or simply choosing the “good soldier”?
That was when Russo was reporting that Mayhew was injured. We have since found out that wasn't the case, and that Mike is playing because he's just another guy that's really good with instagram.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Ty Smith got another point today, so Kaprizov likely will as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad