GDT: G78: Capitals @ Red Wings | 4/9/24 | 7:00p ET | ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Don't do that. 2018 put those to rest and anything else is just fun and gravy.
The neural pathways are too deeply entrenched. Puck drops and i’m a 6-year-old in 1974 again lol.

I could live to be 100 and i’d still be white-knuckling Caps games

WTF - the Islanders are good now. Up 3-0 vs Rags
They ARE good. I watched them shut out red-hot Preds the other night. Worked their tails off and were super disciplined.

Varly being red-hot doesnt hurt either

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Going to spend the first period intermission getting my head around the “toxic positive” thing. I am strangely drawn to, and repelled by, this idea - which makes me think there’s something there
Glad i don’t have to go out to the garage!

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
The neural pathways are too deeply entrenched. Puck drops and i’m a 6-year-old in 1974 again lol.

I could live to be 100 and i’d still be white-knuckling Caps games

I'll admit the OT games against Carolina and the Panthers did do that to me too. The worst was the double OT goal in 2015 and the 2008 debacle. The Gonchar play to Straka didn't hurt so bad because those Caps reminded me of the 2024 Caps. They had no reason to be there except for Kolzig.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I believe this will hurt in the long run. Everyone I know has cut the cord even the sports packages.

So any of you sleuths know why Miro isn't playing and Patches is?

Miro sitting is logical, Pacioretty in the lineup is the questionable one. Then again, the alternative is Sgarbossa, so we’re not missing out on much.

Reactions: DWGie26

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
I'll admit the OT games against Carolina and the Panthers did do that to me too. The worst was the double OT goal in 2015 and the 2008 debacle. The Gonchar play to Straka didn't hurt so bad because those Caps reminded me of the 2024 Caps. They had no reason to be there except for Kolzig.
Don’t forget the Easter Epic in 1987 :(
4-OT loss to Lafontaine & Isles in game 7. That was a human rights violation

Block

Feb 14, 2005
We want to play low event hockey is not something I ever want to hear from the Caps coaching staff. That's boring garbage hockey that doesn't work in this version of the NHL.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Kane is one of the few guys who seems to have come back from hip resurfacing surgery still able to play at a decent level

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
It’s not a big deal. I am in no way upset.

I just don’t think mgmt has optimized the capability of the core. Not a biggie.

I think that was intentional. My interpretation of the past 2 years’ roster moves is that they want to give Ovi a chance to reach 895, and not be disgustingly bad like the Hawks are (so people turn on their TVs and show up at the games).

On the the other hand, they won’t take the Penguins approach of mortgaging the future in desperate/futile attempts to win now. I am glad GMBM didn’t try to swing a trade for a guy like EK65 who wouldn’t help the team’s cause in the post-Ovi era.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad