GDT: G78: Capitals @ Red Wings | 4/9/24 | 7:00p ET | ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I’ve seen that movie a million times but normally Washington is playing the role of Detroit in this film. Strange.

Brutal schedule coming up the next three games before they finish with Philly but they control their own destiny. I think before Game 1 of the season no one saw them being in a playoff spot this late in the season so that’s neat.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
I’ve seen that movie a million times but normally Washington is playing the role of Detroit in this film. Strange.

Brutal schedule coming up the next three games before they finish with Philly but they control their own destiny. I think before Game 1 of the season no one saw them being in a playoff spot this late in the season so that’s neat.
This was the director’s cut.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
The Caps got severely outplayed but Carbery had a very conservative game plan and it worked. Defensemen weren't pinching much. There were some opportunities to score missed because of that but it appears that disciplined approach paid dividends today. -That and Lindgren stealing the game.
Have two young inexperienced Dee men in there. They are not going to be that active. Liked what i saw from both. More Iorio.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
The Caps got severely outplayed but Carbery had a very conservative game plan and it worked. Defensemen weren't pinching much. There were some opportunities to score missed because of that but it appears that disciplined approach paid dividends today. -That and Lindgren stealing the game.
I am OK with that approach. We lose against Detroit if we open it up. Our offense is bone dry right now and we can’t afford to give up goals.

Reactions: Calicaps and um

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I have never seen forward minutes spread out so evenly. Our minutes leader was Beck Malenstyn at 16:53 followed by Dowd at 16:39 and Strome at 16:19. Good recipe.

Defense more wonky with JC74 playing almost 30 and Jensen paying 25. Iorio under 10 and Alexyev 15.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I have never seen forward minutes spread out so evenly. Our minutes leader was Beck Malenstyn at 16:53 followed by Dowd at 16:39 and Strome at 16:19. Good recipe.

Defense more wonky with JC74 playing almost 30 and Jensen paying 25. Iorio under 10 and Alexyev 15.

Iorio is interesting. I liked his callup last year and he fills a big void on this team if he pans out.

Toby91ca

Oct 17, 2022
It was Milano getting to the bench. He did tag up before going off. It was right in front of the linesman as well, and he showed no offside.

Carlson, by the way, did the smart thing - he looked the Milano’s way briefly and paused for a moment before entering the zone.
I think you are talking about something else, I can’t remember who it was and was probably a guy going to the bench but the puck was out near center and he was in the zone by the face-off dot and going towards the bench but go nowhere near the blue line by the time the puck entered the zone, it wasn’t a tag up situation

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
I think you are talking about something else, I can’t remember who it was and was probably a guy going to the bench but the puck was out near center and he was in the zone by the face-off dot and going towards the bench but go nowhere near the blue line by the time the puck entered the zone, it wasn’t a tag up situation
I am talking about the zone entering right before Strome’s goal. I have a digital DVR, so looked at it very closely.

The puck entered the zone while Milano was still in it. That’s why he rushed to the blue line to tag up first before going to the bench. Right in front of the official. Carlson entered the zone after Milano’s tag up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad