GDT: G64: Flames @ Wild 7pm CT (BSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
They probably didn't care. The GM gave us fans the gift of Kyle Quincey in the offseason...

Nobody has to want it really, really badly. In Boldy's case, he'll be a $7m player, if he doesn't play like a $7m player then he should be fair game to be called out.

Or is there an age limit? Jost was 23/24, Steel was 24/25, Greenway 25, Rask was 25+.
I think that's kind of how this whole thing started, unless I missed something.

I mean, we can either call out Boldy, or call out the GM that gave him the contract, but there are people here that get pouty when that happens, so I don't know.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
It was a good 2 game series vs CGY:
-gained standings 1p
-gained 1 RW (first tie breaker)
-didn't give up a goal.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I think that's kind of how this whole thing started, unless I missed something.

There shouldn't be any age or game limit. Every player on the roster should be open to criticism. Nobody has to really want it to make a player a whipping boy.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
There shouldn't be any age or game limit. Every player on the roster should be open to criticism. Nobody has to really want it to make a player a whipping boy.
Criticism? Sure. The incessant criticism that would make someone a "whipping boy"? Questionable.

But maybe we're just splitting hairs on definitions now.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
My impressions of the game….had some nice seats, soI could see a lot…

Foligno is either hurt, or something. Looks a step behind, not really hitting, and fumbling a lot of pucks.

Boldy…looked good at times, but missed on golden chances.

Reaves insanely unlucky not to score.

Dewar looks vg.

Johansson…wow, fast, good with the puck, makes sound decisions.

Klingberg… love this acquisition. A few awkward exchanges, but this guy has skill and imagination, speed, talent.

I would be very depressed to be paying Huberdeau for the next 7 years.

Zucc has to shoot it now and again, or pass to someone besides Kaprizov, especially when he is covered by two men.

Did Dewar actually try to get into it with Ritchie?

Spurgeon was offsides in OT. He was in the zone before the puck.

If it as a play against MN I'd want it called just like it was.
The man can precede the puck over the line, as long as he has control. What was in question was whether or not he was in control. I don’t think it was cut and dried, at all, but a judgement call.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
My impressions of the game….had some nice seats, soI could see a lot…

Foligno is either hurt, or something. Looks a step behind, not really hitting, and fumbling a lot of pucks.

Boldy…looked good at times, but missed on golden chances.

Reaves insanely unlucky not to score.

Dewar looks vg.

Johansson…wow, fast, good with the puck, makes sound decisions.

Klingberg… love this acquisition. A few awkward exchanges, but this guy has skill and imagination, speed, talent.

I would be very depressed to be paying Huberdeau for the next 7 years.

Zucc has to shoot it now and again, or pass to someone besides Kaprizov, especially when he is covered by two men.

Did Dewar actually try to get into it with Ritchie?

The man can precede the puck over the line, as long as he has control. What was in question was whether or not he was in control. I don’t think it was cut and dried, at all, but a judgement call.
I think he actually tried to get into it with Zadorov once.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I just finished watching, and even before Spurgeon's "offsides" I thought the reffing was terrible. You can check my history, I blame the Wild way more than I do the refs, and the Wild had opportunities they didn't bury, but the reffing was also awful. What a bunch of uneven officiating. Just all game, and then the OT cherry on top. Yes, Spurgeon did bobble it a bit, but appeared (to me) to be in control as his back foot crossed the line. I've seen far more egregious "in control" moments get called onside. Consistently inconsistent, that's NHL reffing.

All that said about the refs,.. WTF Hartman? I love your fire, but rein it in a bit, guy.

Reactions: TaLoN

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I just finished watching, and even before Spurgeon's "offsides" I thought the reffing was terrible. You can check my history, I blame the Wild way more than I do the refs, and the Wild had opportunities they didn't bury, but the reffing was also awful. What a bunch of uneven officiating. Just all game, and then the OT cherry on top. Yes, Spurgeon did bobble it a bit, but appeared to me to be in control as his back foot crossed the line. I've seen far more egregious "in control" moments get called onside. Consistently inconsistent, that's NHL reffing.

All that said about the refs,.. WTF Hartman? I love your fire, but rein it in a bit, guy.
Early on there was a scrum where JEE was literally knocked off his feet by a punch to the face, then mobbed, and the refs called nothing. A lot was uncalled.

Totally agree that Hartman went off, but you could see it building. During a commercial break he was over by the Calgary bench running his mouth. That’s fine, if you are egging on the other team, and keeping in control of yourself, but he seems to egg himself on. All he had to do was step in between Kaprizov and the guys who were in his face, but he took way too far.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Early on there was a scrum where JEE was literally knocked off his feet by a punch to the face, then mobbed, and the refs called nothing. A lot was uncalled.

Totally agree that Hartman went off, but you could see it building. During a commercial break he was over by the Calgary bench running his mouth. That’s fine, if you are egging on the other team, and keeping in control of yourself, but he seems to egg himself on. All he had to do was step in between Kaprizov and the guys who were in his face, but he took way too far.
Yeah, that JEE 4v1 was my first moment where I began suspecting the refs this game might be... not great, but it was just suspicion at that point.

I was fine with Hartman getting called, I thought he deserved it. I was less than thrilled when I then saw Flames players take liberties after whistles and not get called for it. Where's the line the refs are drawing? Only call the slash if it makes the player remove their glove? I don't agree with the corruption conspiracy theorists, but when things get called so inconsistently, I can understand how they come to their conclusions.

Reactions: TaLoN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad