GDT: G64: Flames @ Wild 7pm CT (BSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

Words of wisdom:
Man who say "words don't hurt me" is a man who never gave his wife a thesaurus right after she said "I have no words for how mad I am at you."

Do-Not-Cook-Directly-over-Naked-Flames.jpg

Lets go Wild

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Flames played last night, winning 5-4 over some team that plays hockey, I think.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I just don’t understand the obsession with Reaves. Steel looked good last game and he gets rewarded by being scratched. Why not give him a few to keep him fresh and see if that success continues?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I just don’t understand the obsession with Reaves. Steel looked good last game and he gets rewarded by being scratched. Why not give him a few to keep him fresh and see if that success continues?
I think Steel is a nothing burger. He is Jost, but with a smaller cap hit, which makes him more palatable.

Reaves hurts people with his hitting, plays smart, and in certain situations you want the threat of him on the ice. I do agree that he doesn’t need to play every game, though. He is very slow. Also think that Shaw is starting to get exposed as a tweener, after a strong start.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I think Steel is a nothing burger. He is Jost, but with a smaller cap hit, which makes him more palatable.

Reaves hurts people with his hitting, plays smart, and in certain situations you want the threat of him on the ice. I do agree that he doesn’t need to play every game, though. He is very slow. Also think that Shaw is starting to get exposed as a tweener, after a strong start.
Steel is nothing special, but I’d rather have a guy that can at least pitch in some offense in the bottom 6. Especially with how much this team is struggling to score at 5v5.

I just don’t really think the 9 minutes that Reaves is on the ice is beneficial. He doesn’t PK and he provides no offense. Although he is on a scorching heater lately with 1G 1A in the past 3 games, so I guess you keep him in.

It really doesn’t matter much, I just think Steel has been a bit shafted lately. Ultimately Shaw and Reaves will eventually be replaced by Nyquist and Duhaime anyways.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Reaves is absolutely nothing as a player to me and shouldn’t even be considered to be in the lineup. He’s an enforcer at this point that provides nothing else. He should be fighting every game if he’s in the lineup. I know there’s a supposed “trickle down effect” where everyone feels like they can play bigger, but it’s not like guys are out here lighting the other team up. Everyone can play the same way they’re playing without reavo in the lineup. If we were running guys left and right that’d be different.

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Reaves is absolutely nothing as a player to me and shouldn’t even be considered to be in the lineup. He’s an enforcer at this point that provides nothing else. He should be fighting every game if he’s in the lineup. I know there’s a supposed “trickle down effect” where everyone feels like they can play bigger, but it’s not like guys are out here lighting the other team up. Everyone can play the same way they’re playing without reavo in the lineup. If we were running guys left and right that’d be different.
He's a dinosaur that brings nothing of actual hockey value.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Because they're gonna let Lucic and Reavo fight one last time before Reavo rides off into the sunset

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I like Reaves better for home games, he’s our worst defender but he isn’t a complete black hole and I am ok playing him against other teams bottom lines. I get really nervous with him out against the top lines though, and when Evason rolls 4 on the road, especially in the third period, Reaves becomes a mismatch not in our favor.

Agreed with Steel being a nothing burger, and with our deadline acquisitions, I don’t think he sees much more meaningful time with us. Appreciate his effort and he was definitely worth the chance, but ultimately he doesn’t have the offensive game or defensive strengths to really be worth another contract with us.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
You are not alone, though it’s really a case of horses for courses. I look forward to the day when neither is a regular.
I think his personal energy is a big enough factor for me to prefer him in the lineup.

He’s worse at offense than Steel, but he’s a physical force. You won’t catch an opponent skating through the neutral zone with their head down. His puck protection along the boards is pretty good. His major downfall (salute) is his skating. But both Dewar and Shaw/Duhaime are plenty fast enough to make it work.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Neither Reaves nor Steel (nor Shaw) should be playing in the healthy playoff lineup anyway.

Though I wouldn't put it past them pulling Dewar out and putting Sundqvist at center on the 4th line.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Neither Reaves nor Steel (nor Shaw) should be playing in the healthy playoff lineup anyway.

Though I wouldn't put it past them pulling Dewar out and putting Sundqvist at center on the 4th line.
I would highly question them pulling Dewar out. He’s the least likely of the 4th liners to be pulled IMO.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
You guys just don’t understand Deano pushing the right buttons!!!!! Derrrr

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Walz was talking up Steel’s last game like he was our best player. I thought he showed some energy but looked lost overall

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
The team seems to win more, t
Walz was talking up Steel’s last game like he was our best player. I thought he showed some energy but looked lost overall
Walz will do that if we dressed a corpse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad