GDT: G64: Flames @ Wild 7pm CT (BSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Spurgeon was offsides in OT. He was in the zone before the puck.

If it as a play against MN I'd want it called just like it was.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
He'll only the whipping boy for people that really, really want him to be.
He hasn’t really played very well but I’m not down on him. He’s obviously got a high compete level and great hockey Iq. He will turn it around

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Spurgeon was offsides in OT. He was in the zone before the puck.

If it as a play against MN I'd want it called just like it was.
You can be in the zone before the puck if you’re in possession of it.

What I don’t like is celebrating a goal/win and then having it overturned because it was 10 milliseconds too early. It’s just such a bad thing to have in the game for a casual fan.

Reactions: Victorious Secret

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota

What I don’t like is celebrating a goal/win and then having it overturned because it was 10 milliseconds too early. It’s just such a bad thing to have in the game for a casual fan.
I can recall a postgame against the Avs when they won in overtime on a goal that was offsides. Wild fans would have loved that rule had it applied that season.

Reactions: Victorious Secret

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Rossi will 100% be the whipping boy if he’s up next year. Can already tell he brings out the worst in some fans like Dumba and Vanek before him.

• Love
Reactions: Bdub

Wabit

May 23, 2016

There was space between his stick and the puck. No possession. Space bewteen the stick and puck could be other hockey plays too.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I can recall a postgame against the Avs when they won in overtime on a goal that was offsides. Wild fans would have loved that rule had it applied that season.
Yeah I remember that game and I understand wanting to get it right, but I think it just needs to be considered part of the game. Something like this happening in a Game 7 OT would be so terrible to experience.

I don’t know, I just really hate overturned goals for non-egregious things. It doesn’t feel like it’s in the spirit of the game.

There was space between his stick and the puck. No possession. Space bewteen the stick and puck could be other hockey plays too.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Rossi will 100% be the whipping boy if he’s up next year. Can already tell he brings out the worst in some fans like Dumba and Vanek before him.

Only if he's put in a top-6 center role.

If he's in the bottom-6 he won't. He'll not be used correctly, a rookie trying to figure things out, etc.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
11 goals, 34 point in 76 games, a +15 and 20 minutes per night?

I must've taken that year off.

So many bad plays wasn't enough to make up for those stats. Anything he did wrong was magnified. Suter and Spurgeon were +33 and had more points that year.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
So many bad plays wasn't enough to make up for those stats. Anything he did wrong was magnified. Suter and Spurgeon were +33 and had more points that year.
Both veteran really good players vs. a 22 year old? Crazy.

Like I said, if one wants it enough, it can be done. Doesn't make it legit.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
A player actually controlling the puck who shall cross the line ahead of the puck shall not be considered “off-side,” provided he had possession and control of the puck prior to his skates crossing the leading edge of the blue line

Reactions: ItWasJustified

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Both veteran really good players vs. a 22 year old? Crazy.

Like I said, if one wants it enough, it can be done. Doesn't make it legit.

A 22yo with over 150 games played and not on an ELC. He also had the "not Burns" working against him.

Boldy has the same things working against him, except he's not on a just a $2.5m bridge deal. He'll be the 3rd highest paid player on the team.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
A 22yo with over 150 games played and not on an ELC. He also had the "not Burns" working against him.

Boldy has the same things working against him, except he's not on a just a $2.5m bridge deal. He'll be the 3rd highest paid player on the team.
And how smart did those people feel the following year?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
And how smart did those people feel the following year?

They probably didn't care. The GM gave us fans the gift of Kyle Quincey in the offseason...

Nobody has to want it really, really badly. In Boldy's case, he'll be a $7m player, if he doesn't play like a $7m player then he should be fair game to be called out.

Or is there an age limit? Jost was 23/24, Steel was 24/25, Greenway 25, Rask was 25+.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad