GDT: G6: Cappies @ Debbies - 7:38pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
CMM now is getting into useful 2-way player territory. Which is very nice.
I think winning the Calder (and having a new coach) has really helped him get to that next level - he just seems to be playing with so much more confidence now. A dangerous but trustworthy, speedy player on the ice.

I also think the two most important pieces of our retool came early last season - Strome and Milano. They both play like guys who have a chip on their shoulders. Those two, and CMM, are our most impressive forwards so far this year.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Jack Hughes is a damn menace. There are very few players that make people get out of their seats every time he gets the puck and he’s become one of them. And he makes $200k more than Kuznetsov and $1.5M less than Backstrom :laugh:

He’s got to be at or near the top of the list for best contract values in the league. Find us one of those, BMac… should be easy enough.

Devils reminded me of the Caps of old last night: electric offensive talent, defense encouraged but not required, goaltending optional.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
The Caps really haven't hit on any high draft picks in, what, a decade now? Got some role players and that's about it.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Away net had a shutout

10-0 shutout.

Devils fan here. That was the craziest stat of the night. All 10 into a single net. And not the side I was sitting...

Entertaining game. Good Defense/gap control was optional last night, it seemed.

Enjoy the rest of the metro season grind.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Away net had a shutout
b431c04e-7e12-4713-9dab-01300233884a_text.gif

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Devils reminded me of the Caps of old last night: electric offensive talent, defense encouraged but not required, goaltending optional.
Same. I couldn't believe how much time and space the Caps had coming through the neutral zone compared to the Leafs game, and the Leafs aren't exactly known as a shut down D club.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
Same. I couldn't believe how much time and space the Caps had coming through the neutral zone compared to the Leafs game, and the Leafs aren't exactly known as a shut down D club.

Yea, Kuzy’s blind backhands and drop passes to nowhere actually had plenty of room to find guys. I kid Kuzy, but he had a pretty good game. He seemed to get up for playing against Hughes, kinda like he has done against McDavid.

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
I spent all day at work avoiding highlights and potential spoilers for this game. I did contemplate just spoiling it and not watching since i assumed we'd lose anyways.

But i watched a hell of a hockey game. Milano looks awesome, engaged and feisty. Mantha had a nice offensive game, Ovi with some slick playmaking and i love that he is getting ENG:s again. Fevers hit on Hughes was sweet, so was Sandins on the other Hughes. Also loved Fevers little end to end rush, he should try that more often.

Defense is still a bit confused it seems and i felt so bad for Shepard but the offensive system is lovely to watch, at least when it's working.

Still don't think we'll make the playoffs but at least now the hockey will be entertaining compared to last years slow and not so engaging style of play.

This type of hockey is entertainment!

Reactions: PlushMinus

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
The Caps really haven't hit on any high draft picks in, what, a decade now? Got some role players and that's about it.

While true, looking back the drafts since like 17, theres just not much to hit with the picks we’ve had. Really. Its been top heavy drafts for some years now.

They have atleast tried, and went for ”risky” picks for high end ceiling instead of ”safe” with guys like Miro and Lapierre.

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden

McMichael seems to be a legitimate middle 6 player. I laugh at anyone who said he needed to be in the AHL last year, but I support your right to say that.

Mantha had a great game, though I'd bet it's a one-off.

I think Ovechkin getting back on track is probably the best part about the past 3 games.

Nice to see Bäckström being a solid (if overpaid) two-way center. That's what im seeing on the ice aswell.

Reactions: Raikkonen

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Nice to see Bäckström being a solid (if overpaid) two-way center. That's what im seeing on the ice aswell.
I think Backstrom is fitting in well as a 3C who plays around 15 minutes a game.

I'm not liking him at all on the PP though. I don't know what it is, he just can't get that extra little space to work his magic.

Reactions: YippieKaey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille