GDT: G40: Rags @ Caps - 1pm-ish EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
1705180658872.gif

Transcendent Jaleco Oshie earns the game puck today with a GWG and some overall solid two way play, finishing with ~70% of the expected goals. Honorable mentions go to Anthony Mantha, Charlie Lindgren, and Connor McMichael.

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
There’s very few things as a Caps fan I enjoy more than a really good TJ Oshie game. As we know unfortunately, his health hasn’t allowed it to happen as much as we’d like the past few years, but it was great to see him looking good today. Honestly maybe my personal favorite Capitals player.

I joked at the beginning of the game to someone that I wonder if they did drills with Strome before the game of what to do if Oshie or Patches needed to be helped off the ice, but that line looked good most of the game. The issue is if it can stay healthy.

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Sponsor
Feb 7, 2013
Weren’t they pretty bad last year without him?
Yes, they lost 4 or 5 straight and fell out of playoff contention. Everyone likes to make the claim that Ovie fell off last year after his dad died, but he scored like 21 points in 19 games or something after returning.

Reactions: Block and Calicaps

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Last edited:

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles

OV should just take the 2 games off plus Monday off as well. The rest would do him a lot of good at his age. Caps still have half a season left. If I were Carbs, I would not play OV on back2back nights to keep him more fresh. The 82 game season is a grind and the team still needs a healthy OV.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
I remember when OV was in his prime our record without him was abysmal. Now the opposite seems to the the case.
Over the last 3 seasons, the Caps record without Ovechkin is 3-12.

The 2020-2021 season was an anomaly, when AO missed many games, and the team went 7-2-2.

Before the last 4 years, Ovechkinless Caps had a record of 15-14-2 without him.

So, if anything, they rely on old man Ovi more than ever :huh:

Edit: anyway, the knee injury itself and the fact that Ovechkin has to miss a game over a week after the incident don't look good at all. Seems like we'll have more data on the team's performance without the captain.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ovie's Neighbor

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
If you guys want a fun read check out the Rangers board post game thread. 😂
Honestly, if you change the names of the players/coach/management the Rangers fans are complaining about, it sounds exactly like this place after most Caps games. (Especially last year, when Lavi was still behind the bench.) The main difference is that there are so many more pages of Rangers fans complaining in their GDT/Post-Game Threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad