GDT: G34: Wild @ Jets 7pm CT (BSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roman Maroni

Prepared to be underwhelmed
Sponsor
Dec 7, 2019
It just came to me, Walz is just like one of those hand crank air raid sirens from WWII.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
The amount of times Walz says “cagey” or refers to an offensive defenseman as a “rover” per game is unbelievable

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
They are missing 3 of their top 6 and 4 of their top 9 and a top 4 D to be fair. We have some injury issues as well but that seems worse than ours.
We have more talent tied up in fewer players for sure, but our depth players are higher quality overall. We rag on them so much because of the lack of overall skill... and rightfully so, as this team desperately needs more skill if it wants to go beyond the 1st round or... God forbid... actually make a run... but the non-skill guys do a lot of other things well at least.

Last year when we faced similar injuries that they are now, we went on a 9-0 run

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
People complain about Guerin alienating Talbot, which forced that trade... and that's a fault of Guerin, but that seems to have turned out to be lucky.
I’m all for being unimpressed with moves this front office has made but if they’ve unearthed a quality NHL goaltender at 24yo for one season of Cam Talbot, I’m willing to give them more credit than calling it luck.

Roman Maroni

Prepared to be underwhelmed
Sponsor
Dec 7, 2019
People complain about Guerin alienating Talbot, which forced that trade... and that's a fault of Guerin, but that seems to have turned out to be lucky.
I still think that Talbot was planned all along. If flower is way worse this year, it’s ok, better draft pick. He’s such a fan favorite people will come regardless. If he wins, even better. Guerin just wouldn’t admit it. Plus you free up some cash.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
A lot of iron hit tonight. Beckman, Brodin, Hartman… maybe one more.
Good to see the ref use his discretion on the “hi sticking”, non call. Steel’s stick was clearly lifted by the Jets player into Connors face.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
A lot of iron hit tonight. Beckman, Brodin, Hartman… maybe one more.
Good to see the ref use his discretion on the “hi sticking”, non call. Steel’s stick was clearly lifted by the Jets player into Connors face.
I remember when Bouchard had that happen, and then Bouchard was even suspended for it. Suspended for the other player hitting himself in the face with Bouchard's stick.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Meh... the Jets aren't a great team

They remind me of some Buffalo teams that had Miller or Hasek in net, or a more recent example is Price carrying MTL to the Finals in the Playin season. A great goalie (most nights) carries a weak team to a better record than they "should" have.

I only watched part of the game, the UW Bowl game was more interesting to me. Nice to see Walker get his 1st goal.

Reactions: TaLoN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad