GDT: G34: Wild @ Jets 7pm CT (BSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Yep. Probably why he's not great in the playoffs either.
The most problematic contract they have right now beyond the buyouts. Which isn’t exactly a bad thing all things considered but to be locked into someone like him pretty much cements where their defense will be. When his skating goes he is going to be an absolute liability.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
The most problematic contract they have right now beyond the buyouts. Which isn’t exactly a bad thing all things considered but to be locked into someone like him pretty much cements where their defense will be. When his skating goes he is going to be an absolute liability.
I don't think he'll still be under contract in his 50's.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

How is Brodin's contract more problematic than Spurgeon's?

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
How is Brodin's contract more problematic than Spurgeon's?

One’s game isn’t limited to half the rink. And if you can only play on half the rink and still make plays like the one Brodin made on the goal against, what are you paying $6m/per for?

Doesn't mean that it will happen in his case, considering his skating is probably his #1 hockey skill.

Probably depends on if you like Brodin or not.
Absolutely. But considering we’ve seen zero development of everything else in his game in the 10yrs he’s been in the league I’m not holding my breathe.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Absolutely. But considering we’ve seen zero development of everything else in his game in the 10yrs he’s been in the league I’m not holding my breathe.

Why would not developing offense of physicality have any bearing on if/when his skating will deteriorate?

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Why would not developing offense of physicality have any bearing on if/when his skating will deteriorate?
I think it's fair to say that most players start to decline in the 30-33 age range. Brodin could absolutely be the exception. If he's not, his contract could be less than ideal.

Roman Maroni

Prepared to be underwhelmed
Sponsor
Dec 7, 2019
From a casual fans viewpoint. The Wild seemingly for whatever reason have to play desperate playoff style hockey for the stretch run of the regular season just to make the playoffs. Seems like they always put themselves in that position. Everybody always thinks that they have a full head of steam going to the playoffs. Only problem is the their opponent brings their level up for the playoffs and the Wild can’t match it.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Development is on the player ensure they are putting in the work to be better correct? If he hasn’t done that over the course of his career, forgive me if I think he is going to do what it takes to maintain as skills deteriorate.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think it's fair to say that most players start to decline in the 30-33 age range. Brodin could absolutely be the exception. If he's not, his contract could be less than ideal.
For most players in the league, if they decline, their contract would be less than ideal. I'm not denying that. And I'm not saying Brodin will be the exception.

Development is on the player ensure they are putting in the work to be better correct? If he hasn’t done that over the course of his career, forgive me if I think he is going to do what it takes to maintain as skills deteriorate.

I'm not attacking you man, I'm asking questions about the stuff you're saying. For the record, I think your point here has merit. At the same time, he probably practices his skating a lot more than he practices his offense or physicality, so I'm not sure it's entirely a 1 to 1 comparison. But hey, his skating absolutely could fade in the next few years.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Beckman's game is much improved from the last time he was here. Seems like the NHL game is finally starting to slow down for him.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Will never not be interesting how quick Zuccarello’s hands are using a stick that big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad