GDT: G3: Caps @ Senators - 7:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
I agree with May. Our defenseman are Richarding around with the puck. Move it quickly and get it to our forwards.

Even though Caps possessed the puck a lot, Sens. were all over them for a good part of the period giving them very little room. They found a little more room toward the end of the period.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
They were clearly the better team that period. I know it’s fun to be negative but we can also admit when they play well and they carried play that period.
I'm strictly speaking of Ovi though, not the team. I don't know if they were clearly the better team, but they were clearly better then anytime they've been this season. Much more dangerous scoring opportunities, breakouts look better, and good forecheck/possession. But I still think Ovi hasn't looked very good which is disconcerting.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
The positive is they are only down two.

The negative…well there are plenty but they don’t seem to have any offense. The vets look…like something.
lol stop it, even before they scored that Kuznetsov line was providing plenty of offense, you're looking for what you want to see because you've been all gloomy about everything all offseason. They doubled the Sens in shots that period and we thought they'd get cratered because the Senators are young and fast.

Give credit where it's due and stop with this relentless naysaying.

That was no good though, two guys making interchanges with no communication

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
They had a good, not great, first period. The glaring breakdowns are a backbreaker, though.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
This Sandin-Carlson pairing doesn't work. Carbery fixed the forward lines, I hope that's the next thing to go.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
They're just so casual. I put that mostly on not having a single tonesetter up front at this point.

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
I've never seen Ovy play so bad, he barely does anything outside of giving few hits. He literally was doing nothing during that sequence of Zub's goal...

• Wow
Reactions: ClevelandCapsfan

SecretaryofDefense5

Mar 20, 2022
Washington DC
lol stop it, even before they scored that Kuznetsov line was providing plenty of offense, you're looking for what you want to see because you've been all gloomy about everything all offseason. They doubled the Sens in shots that period and we thought they'd get cratered because the Senators are young and fast.

Give credit where it's due and stop with this relentless naysaying.

That was no good though, two guys making interchanges with no communication
You were saying?

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Boy whats with the Debbie downers in here?

I think the Caps will look better with the old guys split up. Sens got the top end talent but aren't very deep.

3-2 Caps. Ovie, Carlson and Strome.

New Father Kuemper with another great game.
Oof. Hey gotta give you props for trying though :laugh:

(all in good fun - I wish I had the cojones to predict game results but experience has shown I'm terrible at it)

Any chance vintage Semin can roll in and lace em up tonight?
There is something quite horrible and disturbing about this sentence lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad