Half-Assed GDT: G3 Blues at Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
I don't think Shattenkirk will be out more than 1 game (IF that). But, after seeing Parayko play with such poise under duress, I think he could handle the pressure and play well. His skating, hockey sense and shot are so good. He's big, and yet mobile.

He's clearly already by FAR the 4th best defenceman on The Blues. They need to get him used to playing on the left side, and into The Top 4 on the 2nd pairing as soon as possible, so he'll be perfectly comfortable there during the playoff stretch and the playoffs.

Easy on the predictions Robb. You did say last game you highly doubted Fabbri had a concussion :laugh:

nicholas89alex

Nov 16, 2012
One thing I noticed and liked was the confidence that coaching staff had in Parayko last night. He was slow to move the puck and Gaudreau stripped him of it and Flames almost scored and then probably a minute later St Louis got a PP and they threw Parayko right back out there and he scored. The fact that he was played right after that mishap speaks volumes in their confidence with Parayko and I guarantee that went a very long way in Parayko's mind

even in the post game interview hitch focused on the fact that Colton started to pull away rather than the fact he got caught.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
One thing I noticed and liked was the confidence that coaching staff had in Parayko last night. He was slow to move the puck and Gaudreau stripped him of it and Flames almost scored and then probably a minute later St Louis got a PP and they threw Parayko right back out there and he scored. The fact that he was played right after that mishap speaks volumes in their confidence with Parayko and I guarantee that went a very long way in Parayko's mind
Yeah and Colton is so mature and well-spoken for his age and always seems to want to get better. That's one thing Bill Armstrong said about him, that he's always working hard to be the best he can be. That's another thing about him that I really like. He has such a great head on his shoulders and a great drive to be good that that's why I believe he will reach his full potential. He's smart and I'm glad the coaches are giving him chances to shine.

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
I assume it's to protect the posters with religious people around them, as speaking about god smashing nerds through boards on the ice and destroying boards with slapshots could get them in hot water.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Can someone tell me how Parayko got the nickname Gooch?

I don't know, but I google 2MM post.

I predicted that he'd fracture his gooch after the jinx thread was posted before Game One, among other things. Seems to work, if you ask me.

First I find some "funny-ish" pictures

1494113-gooch.jpg

image.png

Then I add 'fracture his gooch' and it get odd and then more google 'gooch' it get strange meaning..

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I predicted that he'd fracture his gooch after the jinx thread was posted before Game One, among other things. Seems to work, if you ask me.
And it turns out that there wasn't a jinx just as Parayko and I suspected so you were wrong.

I'm on board with Colt 55, much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad