Half-Assed GDT: G3 Blues at Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
This is a mildly important game. Starting the season with such a long road trip, I don't want to drop all these games and be playing catch up all year. If e lose 2 tough ones in a row, it puts us on the wrong foot with this road trip. Also coming off of a tough loss where we outplayed the other team, I want to see our guys snap back. Calgary is a fairly good team that made the playoffs last year and seemed to have improved. So it'll be a good test for our guys. While a loss in game 3 is in no way the en of the world, I'd really like a win with Elliott playing solid and secondary scorers stepping up (looking at you Jaskin, Backes and Schwartz).

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
blue-fire-o.gif

tumblr_n0oadkqY4z1szq987o3_500.gif

Including the Blues' playoff dreams...

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
5-2 Blues. Tarasenko x2, Schwrtz, Jaskin and Petro. GODreau and Monohan for the Flames

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Go Blues! I'll call a 3-2 OT win. Stastny pots two, and Parayko fires one through the net, through the boards, and into the third row.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I want Vlad to hit 50 goals this year. I'd love for him to keep up this goal/game pace.

That and watching the young D-men get acclimated is the best part of the early season. I'm much less concerned about the actual results.

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
I want Vlad to hit 50 goals this year. I'd love for him to keep up this goal/game pace.

That and watching the young D-men get acclimated is the best part of the early season. I'm much less concerned about the actual results.

50 is a pretty conservative estimate. Hell, he's probably gonna score no less than one goal per game this season at this rate. :yo:

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
4-0 Blues. Moose with the white wash, and 17-42-55-91 with the goal scorers Lotto.

BluesTraveller

Mar 5, 2012
St Louis
After listening to NHL Network on Sirius/XM a lot this summer I am excited to see the highly touted defense of the Flames. It seemed that it was either the Ranger defense or Flames that were considered best in the league. I just don't see it myself on paper, maybe the eye test will prove or disprove it for me.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
After listening to NHL Network on Sirius/XM a lot this summer I am excited to see the highly touted defense of the Flames. It seemed that it was either the Ranger defense or Flames that were considered best in the league. I just don't see it myself on paper, maybe the eye test will prove or disprove it for me.

I thought Giordano was deserving of the accolades he got last year, but I am not ready to crown their entire defense. Good for Russell, but I don't think his limitations just evaporated either.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

And now the question is what 4th liner moves up into the top 9? I am hoping Brodziak or Upshall, not Ott. If Jaskin moves up with Lehtera, that Backes line is going to really suck offensively with any of them. Please, please call Rattie up if Fabbri is out for more than 2 games.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Code:
Steen - Stastny - Tarasenko
Schwartz - Lehtera - Brouwer
Jaskin - Backes - Upshall
Ott - Brodziak - Reaves

Bouwmeester - Pietrangelo
Gunnarsson - Shattenkirk
Edmundson - Parayko

Elliott

I don't like one bit Brouwer playing 2nd line. Should be Jaskin <-> Brouwer. I'm counting days when Statsny will be 7mill.$ worth, but I wait 25GP before I whip his arse.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Code:
Steen - Stastny - Tarasenko
Schwartz - Lehtera - Brouwer
Jaskin - Backes - Upshall
Ott - Brodziak - Reaves

Bouwmeester - Pietrangelo
Gunnarsson - Shattenkirk
Edmundson - Parayko

Elliott

I don't like one bit Brouwer playing 2nd line. Should be Jaskin <-> Brouwer. I'm counting days when Statsny will be 7mill.$ worth, but I wait 25GP before I whip his arse.
Hitch still has to troll us somehow.... I seriously don't understand how or why Jaskin is relegated to the 3rd line with Backes. He worked well with Schwartz and plays a more dominant game in a scoring role

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
After last game, we need to win a road game against a good team. Hoping for that tonight, and I see good games coming from Tarasenko, Stastny and Parayko. Also interested to see how Upshall does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad