GDT: G29: DET @ MIN - 6:30 PM Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
#85 is huge for the Red Wings. Imagine this squad when they get that defenseman from Sweden on their team, forgetting his name right now.

Southern Minny

Nov 29, 2021
These guys better stop F'ing around, missed open net twice, better not bite them in the azz.

Good job Freddy!!

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
I'm going to throw this in here. I remember when I was a kid, numbers for players were much more normal. Goalies usually wore 1, 2, or 30, 31, 32. All other players fit in between there.

I'm wondering who else remembers it like that, and also I'm wondering if Gretzky was the guy who opened up the whole number chain for everyone?

Comments?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Gus is gonna be T-7th in the league in sv% among goalies with 10+ GP at .921%

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Admittedly I haven’t been able to catch that many games so that’s good to hear he’s been consistent.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I'm going to throw this in here. I remember when I was a kid, numbers for players were much more normal. Goalies usually wore 1, 2, or 30, 31, 32. All other players fit in between there.

I'm wondering who else remembers it like that, and also I'm wondering if Gretzky was the guy who opened up the whole number chain for everyone?

Comments?

Just speaking for my kid's hockey teams. The youth organizations just buy jerseys in bulk every few years and get the logos and numbers just get pressed (or stitched) all at once. So the numbers all run concurrently by size (with a couple of exceptions for the standard goalie numbers). The kids don't really "keep" a number unless it's a small organization, and even then it's an out of pocket cost for the parents to get the new larger size done. It also keeps there from being number problems when kids need to play up for whatever reason.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Dumba is 4th (JEE, Kap, Zucc ahead of him) on the team in 5v5 points.

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
Just speaking for my kid's hockey teams. The youth organizations just buy jerseys in bulk every few years and get the logos and numbers just get pressed (or stitched) all at once. So the numbers all run concurrently by size (with a couple of exceptions for the standard goalie numbers). The kids don't really "keep" a number unless it's a small organization, and even then it's an out of pocket cost for the parents to get the new larger size done. It also keeps there from being number problems when kids need to play up for whatever reason.

Sorry Wabit, I was speaking about NHL numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad