GDT: G29: DET @ MIN - 6:30 PM Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
Usually when I see the numbers 2 and 4 eff up, I expect Dumba to be the culprit.
Nice Addison and Merrill collab…

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Dean needs to figure out how to get Boldy on the ice more this period. He's on pace for under 14 minutes total and that's with 3.5 powerplays through two.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Dunno, but after that I wouldn't be surprised if it went back there to hibernate for several games.
Everytime he shoots i expect a limp wrister or slap shot to the chest of the goalie, rarely have i seen him place a shot like that.

Reactions: MK9

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Everytime he shoots i expect a limp wrister or slap shot to the chest of the goalie, rarely have i seen him place a shot like that.
I know that the injury a few years back is the likely set back... but I've always thought the one timer that demolished that kings players face a couple years ago also hurt him. Just don't see that slapper very often anymore.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I know that the injury a few years back is the likely set back... but I've always thought the one timer that demolished that kings players face a couple years ago also hurt him. Just don't see that slapper very often anymore.

I think that got into his head and never left also.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
You think it scarred him or something?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Lmao. I'm sick of seeing Middleton sprawl.... but that's a terrible call

Ehh, maybe the jump caused the trip, but if he didn't jump it would have definitely been a trip, so

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
What the hell are these announcers talking about… Brodin struggling?

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Absolutely. That hard shot doesn't come out very often anymore (or I'm just missing it)
Hmm interesting theory. I didnt see the shot but theres a scenarios where i could see it coming back and haunting him.

I remember trying to field a ground ball as a kid and it came up on me and gave me a nice shiner and was never able to confidently field grounders after that. Sorta similar but also not so similar at the same time.

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Hmm interesting theory. I didnt see the shot but theres a scenarios where i could see it coming back and haunting him.

I remember trying to field a ground ball as a kid and it came up on me and gave me a nice shiner and was never able to confidently field grounders after that. Sorta similar but also not so similar at the same time.
It was pretty brutal

Reactions: Sad People

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
This line has been our worst line at even strength in terms of xGF% and it's easy to see why with shifts like that

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Absolutely. That hard shot doesn't come out very often anymore (or I'm just missing it)

I'm guessing it's a subconscious thing where he takes the extra split second to double check and the window of opportunity closes. Same as if you're driving and a kid, dog, deer, car, etc. comes out of nowhere and you slam on the brakes. From then on you're more cautious/alert when you drive past that same spot.

• Wow
Reactions: Sad People

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
I'm guessing it's a subconscious thing where he takes the extra split second to double check and the window of opportunity closes. Same as if you're driving and a kid, dog, deer, car, etc. comes out of nowhere and you slam on the brakes. From then on you're more cautious/alert when you drive past that same spot.

Agree completely. I remember him being pretty shook up about it after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad