glass half empty

I like both of them.

glass half full

tenor.gif

dirty, cracked glass

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Btw, really f'n tired of Vegas at this point which makes me throw up in my mouth a bit at the thought of 8 games against St Louis in an even more condensed schedule.

A Bundy

Mar 3, 2021
While we're waiting; I am a bit curious on Nico Sturm if someone could enlighten me. Playing junior hockey in Germany, NAHL for two years before an ok season in USHL (before the league got as good as today) - undrafted, and an ok NCAA career - but then straight to Wild. How did that recruitment happen? Sorry, new to the board - but any view points appreciated. Glass half full, 25 % full or broken.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
While we're waiting; I am a bit curious on Nico Sturm if someone could enlighten me. Playing junior hockey in Germany, NAHL for two years before an ok season in USHL (before the league got as good as today) - undrafted, and an ok NCAA career - but then straight to Wild. How did that recruitment happen? Sorry, new to the board - but any view points appreciated. Glass half full, 25 % full or broken.
Kid just has a motor. Couple that with some decent skill and you’ll give yourself a chance anywhere

Reactions: A Bundy

A Bundy

Mar 3, 2021
Good signing, rare career path. Would think he would pass through Iowa? But maybe he was brilliant in College.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Good signing, rare career path. Would think he would pass through Iowa? But maybe he was brilliant in College.
NHL caliber players that come out of the NCAA don't spend a whole lot of time in the AHL. Even less so when they come out of college at 24 years old.

A Bundy

Mar 3, 2021
Not being from Minnesota (but Scandinavian); would you regard yourself (Minnesotians) glass-half, or 25 % full? We Scandinavians vary (wildly) between 25 and 34 % - just trying to adjust to the board and self-moderate my posts. I think I was a bit overly positive in one of the other ones. Sorry. Tourist mistake.

Sturm did spend last year in Iowa, no?
Yes, but he went straigth first season.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Not being from Minnesota (but Scandinavian); would you regard yourself (Minnesotians) glass-half, or 25 % full? We Scandinavians vary (wildly) between 25 and 34 % - just trying to adjust to the board and self-moderate my posts. I think I was a bit overly positive in one of the other ones. Sorry. Tourist mistake.

No need to self-moderate between optimism and pessimism, be yourself. A mix is a good thing.... and WELCOME!

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
It's a bit of a challenge for Scandiavians to follow this team. I am allready deep in my bottle, mid-week, approaching midnight and face-off is one hour away. Be gentle with us. We sacrifice a lot.
We've always seemed to have a strong Nordic following... first Finns, now Scandinavian. Props to all fans overseas dedicated enough to follow the team. :thumbu:

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

Yes, but he went straigth first season.

It's not uncommon for undrafted NCAAers that can negotiate with everyone to get a handshake agreement to debut in the NHL in order to burn the first year of am entry level contract. At that age it only takes 1 game.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Anyone know if Stone/Pietrangelo are in or out?
Pietrangelo went home, so he is out.
This board is about 10% optimism, you’d think we spent the last decade with Buffalo’s record...
I think most on this board think the Wild will be in the playoffs.

Just because we have crappy centers doesn't mean we have a crappy team, just not yet a true contending team.

We still need big improvements.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue Ox

A Bundy

Mar 3, 2021
This is a bit off topic, but anyone here ever attend the US Pond Hockey Championship? I have a wet dream of attending that someday, when this corona crap is finnished.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Should be a W.

Count me in the camp that would like to see Sturm at least get a chance at his actual position when the centers on this team are this poor. Never mind moved up the lineup.

Going with a Marg tonight.

77-C0-B705-C15-C-41-A0-A818-DAA733-F4-CAB7.jpg

A Bundy

Mar 3, 2021
Again - being Scandinavian (with the time difference) I take the liberty of bein off-topic while I am waiting for the game, and drinking like the game allready started.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

A Bundy

Mar 3, 2021
Again - being Scandinavian (with the time difference) I take the liberty of bein off-topic while I am waiting for the game, and drinking like the game allready started.
Just realized I forgot the actual topic of the post. 43 minutes now. Relatively positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad