GDT: G24 - VGK @ MIN - 6PM Central - Riding the Ka-... hot goalie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
This is a bit off topic, but anyone here ever attend the US Pond Hockey Championship? I have a wet dream of attending that someday, when this corona crap is finnished.

Played in it about 5 years running ending a few years back. It’s fun but usually the coldest weekend of the year. It’s a fun experience but wouldn’t say it’s a bucket list item or anything.

A Bundy

Mar 3, 2021
Thanks. It looks really beautiful in the pictures. Wondering a bit about the level though... is it college and former pros, or just ordinary people?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Played in it about 5 years running ending a few years back. It’s fun but usually the coldest weekend of the year. It’s a fun experience but wouldn’t say it’s a bucket list item or anything.
We do seem to import a lot of people for them though. Always run into groups of people from a bunch of different places in the world when I go there.
Thanks. It looks really beautiful in the pictures. Wondering a bit about the level though... is it college and former pros, or just ordinary people?
Yes

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Again - being Scandinavian (with the time difference) I take the liberty of bein off-topic while I am waiting for the game, and drinking like the game allready started.

What country?

You know 20% of Minnesotans have Norwegian roots, so then you can feel at home here :DD

Reactions: A Bundy

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Again - being Scandinavian (with the time difference) I take the liberty of bein off-topic while I am waiting for the game, and drinking like the game allready started.
The key is to make sure everyone is alerted when one of Fiala/Kaprizov get a point

Reactions: A Bundy

Prior

Jan 18, 2020

It’s a mix. I was a good high school player, was offered to some lower level colleges, but certainly not the caliber of player of some people there. If you can skate well enough, you are mostly fine keeping up unless your team is completely overmatched. No one is really going all out or anything.

A Bundy

Mar 3, 2021
That's my drinking habit Kaprizov/SaveUs. Just waiting for the game to start so I can wake the rest of the family up when it happens.

A Bundy

Mar 3, 2021
It’s a mix. I was a good high school player, was offered to some lower level colleges, but certainly not the caliber of player of some people there. If you can skate well enough, you are mostly fine keeping up unless your team is completely overmatched. No one is really going all out or anything.
It looks amazing. Pond hockey is the best there is. Back to basic. I am a bit of a senior for this, but really appreciate these arrangemets where it is open for all skill levels and outside the over-organized structure.

A Bundy

Mar 3, 2021
It was nice talking to you Minnesot(i)ans. I am gonna focus on the game and my bottle from now on, as I have a limited capacity. Think it's gonna be a win.

The Enemy Within

Holl at .6 seconds
Feb 25, 2014
West of the SOH
Green Day is such an odd but totally on brand NHL choice.

I keep wondering if they even like hockey at all. If they have liked hockey, I had never heard such.

Not that the band playing during the opening of the National NHL broadcast needs to like hockey, but I was just wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->