GDT: G21 - MIN @ BUF - Bound for the floor - 6PM Central - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I know they're dealing with injuries, but that whole team has an aura of despair around it.

They look like the Wild when they are in the middle of their in their yearly slump. Buf just has nothing to fall back on other than years of losing. It's a culture for them at this point.

Reactions: 57special and TaLoN

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm old enough to remember when the Sabres had some really, really good teams.

BTW, Mittelstadt was invisible. A complete non factor. At one time i was guilty of wanting to trade Brodin for him. No way now..how would we replace Brodin's offense?

Reactions: zellmatic and TaLoN

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
The French connection teams were really good. Perrault is one of the best players I have ever seen play. Many of the later teams were always competitive, though.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I have some buddies in Buf that were pro tank in the selloff and Eichel/McDavid draft year. They figured it would be a quick turnaround after that, like 2-3 years and back in the Playoffs. It's going on year 7 or 8 now.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
There's just no consistency for them. 5 head coaches since the lockout.

A few GMs too.

Nolan was a good coach for a tank, coaches a simple game and is a very good motivator. Bylsma was not the coach to bring them out of the rebuild. Housley was a little better, but he had to do a lot of Hockey 101 and break the bad habits the team had gotten during the Bylsma years. They would be much better off if they had gone from Nolan (for the tank) to Housley (for 2 or 3 years), to a good NHL coach.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Have to remember that Stalock made a couple of good saves in the first 10 minutes. Have to wonder how the game would've turned out if he had let them in.

A good goalie is SO important. I would try to get a pick in the low teens this year, just so as to possibly have a chance at Askarov.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
What happened with Dumba?
That's the million dollar question.

During the 3rd, Tom Reid speculated a clip Dumba took crossing the blue line on his 2nd to last shift of the second period might be the cause. Post game they said he was limping in the locker room.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Have to remember that Stalock made a couple of good saves in the first 10 minutes. Have to wonder how the game would've turned out if he had let them in.

A good goalie is SO important. I would try to get a pick in the low teens this year, just so as to possibly have a chance at Askarov.
With an additional low teens 1st, I'd be taking a skater.i don't want an elite goaltender in the end anyway, they kill team's cap.

I'm happy with our goaltenting prospects and would prefer a stop gap at most if we want to be patient with KK and Robson.
But clearly he needs to be benched at the same rate as a 22 year when he makes rookie mistakes. Didn’t you see the memo?
We as fans (myself included) jumped on Staal's slow start, then he pulled himself out of it. When Staal woke up, I said to myself, be more patient with Parise too, history says he may pull out of it and wake up.

Well, he's walking up!

It really started with the not lifting the puck gaffe. I think he got real mad at himself, like all of us were mad at him.

Reactions: 57special

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
But clearly he needs to be benched at the same rate as a 22 year when he makes rookie mistakes. Didn’t you see the memo?
They're the worst team in the NHL. You think Parise playing 19 minutes a night may have a played a role in that?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
It's good to see Parise doing better, but it doesn't justify him being fed 18-19 minutes a night when he was awful. I don't know that reducing his minutes would have made much of a difference in the standings, but it does reinforce the idea that there are two sets of rules when it comes to accountability on this team.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
They're the worst team in the NHL. You think Parise playing 19 minutes a night may have a played a role in that?
Yeah, if they gifted minor league Donato his minutes we’d be so much better. It’s almost like the leading scorer from last year should get the chance to get going. Member the Staal benchers this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad