GDT: G21 - MIN @ BUF - Bound for the floor - 6PM Central - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
But clearly he needs to be benched at the same rate as a 22 year when he makes rookie mistakes. Didn’t you see the memo?

His last 8 games don't really change how bad he was 13 before it. I don't think I was ever on board with benching, but he definitely wasn't deserving of what he was getting. Now he is.

Reactions: 2Pair

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Yeah, if they gifted minor league Donato his minutes we’d be so much better. It’s almost like the leading scorer from last year should get the chance to get going. Member the Staal benchers this year?
Couldn't be any worse.

If Dubnyk wins his next game, are all of his naysayers morons as well?

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
His last 8 games don't really change how bad he was 13 before it. I don't think I was ever on board with benching, but he definitely wasn't deserving of what he was getting. Now he is.
It’s almost like veterans take a bit to get going, like Staal.. and the idea of benching or severely limiting the leading scorer from last year is dumb... glad professional coaches agree with me and not message board reactionaries

Reactions: Wild11MN

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
They're the worst team in the NHL. You think Parise playing 19 minutes a night may have a played a role in that?

Might be some nitpicking here, but he's actually only had 4 games of ~19 minutes (and one of them is 18:59).

3 games of 19+ minutes (2-1 record)
4 games of 18+ minutes (1-2-1 record)
5 games of 17+ minutes (1-4 record)
4 games of 16+ minutes (1-3 record)
4 games of sub-16 minutes (2-1-1 record)

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
It’s almost like veterans take a bit to get going, like Staal.. and the idea of benching or severely limiting the leading scorer from last year is dumb... glad professional coaches agree with me and not message board reactionaries
Again, you're talking about the coach with the worst team in the league. Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
Again, you're talking about the coach with the worst team in the league. Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back.
And you’re arguing against one of the most winning coaches in NHL history.... and you’re just some internet guy... so yeah I bet Bruce is a better hockey coach than you are :)

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Let's be happy, we won, though if the damn Sabres had done their job and scored one more EN goal, i would've had a grand salami.

Reactions: Wild11MN

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
If critical thinking is off limits there's not much point in coming here.
If by critical thinking you mean jumping on BB’s every move because the team sucks via lack of talent , yeah. We know what the team is. Pretending Parise’s ice time is a factor in the team sucking is so comical that it’s not worth discussing with the the adults. As if BB in his final year in a losing season is somehow still “scurred” of the vets and doesn’t wanna play better players. Yet also gets crap for not developing or teaching young guys. This narrative is so toxic and silly I can’t believe it’s even allowed on this forum

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
If by critical thinking you mean jumping on BB’s every move because the team sucks via lack of talent , yeah. We know what the team is. Pretending Parise’s ice time is a factor in the team sucking is so comical that it’s not worth discussing with the the adults. As if BB in his final year in a losing season is somehow still “scurred” of the vets and doesn’t wanna play better players. Yet also gets crap for not developing or teaching young guys. This narrative is so toxic and silly I can’t believe it’s even allowed on this forum
I don't think he's "scurred" of anything, but I question the decision all the same. Just like I question his last 3 years worth of decisions regarding 3v3 situations. I like Boudreau but he's not above criticism.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
I don't think he's "scurred" of anything, but I question the decision all the same. Just like I question his last 3 years worth of decisions regarding 3v3 situations. I like Boudreau but he's not above criticism.
Or we’d prolly suck at 3v3 regardless cuz we lack those types of players. If Fiala started and we got scored on... oh boy the messages.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Or we’d prolly suck at 3v3 regardless cuz we lack those types of players. If Fiala started and we got scored on... oh boy the messages.

I'd be okay with it since wasn't the same Koivu/Parise/Suter line that played hot potato with the puck, stayed on the ice way too long, and then gets scored on; that we've seen for years.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
I'd be okay with it since wasn't the same Koivu/Parise/Suter line that played hot potato with the puck, stayed on the ice way too long, and then gets scored on; that we've seen for years.
He didn’t use them, duby got beat shot 1. Almost like the term sucks at 3v3

Wabit

May 23, 2016
He didn’t use them, duby got beat shot 1. Almost like the term sucks at 3v3

I don't think you'll find many that disagree with that here. Or many that will say they are good in a SO. Or many that think the PP is dangerous enough to be a scoring threat on most every chance they get.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
You’re complaining about people complaining that Parise was playing too much while we were losing games. It’s pretty much exactly what you’re talking about.
No, it’s people who ignore good things because it fits the anti player or coach agenda. Parise wasn’t playing terrible when he was scoring. Guessing no credit goes to his points per game this last segment of games tho, cuz I’m sure someone else with his ice time coulda done so much better. Yawn

Wabit

May 23, 2016
No, it’s people who ignore good things because it fits the anti player or coach agenda. Parise wasn’t playing terrible when he was scoring. Guessing no credit goes to his points per game this last segment of games tho, cuz I’m sure someone else with his ice time coulda done so much better. Yawn

People here have been saying his game has gotten better and asking if he's back the last few games.

There's nothing different about saying he's on the ice too much than the last 7 years of people saying Suter is on the ice too much. Even though they acknowledge Suter is/was the best d-man on the team.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Yeah, this isn’t what people were saying at all.

When Parise wasn’t scoring, it’s not like he was playing well and just not getting breaks. He was just bad. Hardly generating anything. Getting scored on. Still playing a lot of minutes, but doing almost nothing with them. People were critical and it wasn’t out of line.

Now, there’s a noticeable uptick in the quality of his play, and the numbers are improving in kind. People are less critical. Funny how that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->