GDT: G21 - MIN @ BUF - Bound for the floor - 6PM Central - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Stalock played very well, and we looked like a team for 60 minutes. Goodbye tank.

DonatoisDaddy

Sep 25, 2019
What does the game indicate? Next to nothing in the big picture. It was fun to watch us play well but I think it is a stretch to extrapolate it further than that.
I guess the root of my question is: IF the team plays like that every game would we still be a bottom 5 team? I think most people would agree that we would not be.

Reactions: Al Lagoon

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
As i said earlier, i don't think we played all that well. We were able to score, and our goalie was able to make some stops. I thought that we had played much better in some previous games, including losses, but we either couldn't score, couldn't make saves, or both. Thought that the GEEK line looked a bit off last night, especially Greenway. Also thought that Fiala looked pretty out of it.

I think Rask can be a serviceable 4th line C, especially if he is flanked by Foligno and Hartman, who are above average 4th liners.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
I guess the root of my question is: IF the team plays like that every game would we still be a bottom 5 team? I think most people would agree that we would not be.
If you think EVERY game is going to be like that I can’t help you. If you think most games will be like that I will disagree with you. If you think we will continue to be bad but have games like that every once in a while I will agree with you.

Reactions: StateofCelly

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
It's hard to take much away from this one when Buffalo is dealing with injuries and generally struggling. We looked very good to start, scored a goal and then let off the gas for most of the rest of the 1st. The "veteran period" we saw in the 3rd was also the sort of overly passive play that usually frustrates the **** out of, it just happened to work against a team that doesn't have much going for it offensively.

I thought the upsides in this one were:
1.) Stalock made the saves he should've made, which does help a lot
2.) Greenway, Ek and Kunin seemed to be getting matched up against the one line Buffalo really has that scores (Eichel's) and did a good enough job of it to push Eichel's buttons.
3.) Pretty even play from all of the forward lines and defensive pairings
4.) Parise continued his strong play

All good things, but we'll see if they can carry any of those over into a game against a much better Boston team.

Last edited:

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I think the Wild will end up around 15th in the league, fighting for a wild card spot. All we need is better goaltending, like we had last night. A ton of home games coming up will also help.

DonatoisDaddy

Sep 25, 2019
If you think EVERY game is going to be like that I can’t help you. If you think most games will be like that I will disagree with you. If you think we will continue to be bad but have games like that every once in a while I will agree with you.
I'm just saying I had slightly higher expectations coming into the season than a bottom 5 finish in the league. If we do get a bottom five finish I am happy, it just isn't what I expected coming in

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
It's too early to tell what will happen. Carolina though - if Toronto continues to free fall may end up with a top 10 pick for picking up Marleau. What a coup.

But right now, Minnesota is only 2 points from being tied for 8th worst in the league. There can be a lot of movement right now, so it's too early to tell if this team will tank or end up around 7-12th.

Reactions: Nsjohnson

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
It's too early to tell what will happen. Carolina though - if Toronto continues to free fall may end up with a top 10 pick for picking up Marleau. What a coup.

But right now, Minnesota is only 2 points from being tied for 8th worst in the league. There can be a lot of movement right now, so it's too early to tell if this team will tank or end up around 7-12th.
I’m pretty sure the Toronto pick is top ten protected

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
I think the Wild will end up around 15th in the league, fighting for a wild card spot. All we need is better goaltending, like we had last night. A ton of home games coming up will also help.
“All we need is better goaltending” lmk when that consistently is here. And 15th in the league? I don’t even have a mortgage and I would bet it we aren’t in the playoffs come April

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
The Wild are only 3 points behind Nashville. The tank is going off the rails into another season of mediocrity it appears.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
It's lottery protected.

Not a lottery protected. If it's the 11th pick (after the lottery), they get the 11th. It's only top 10 protected.

Edit: I guess in some ways it is lottery protected as in at the end of the season, if they select 11th, but get bumped up into the top 10, they won't trade. But if they are 11th and select 11th, it goes to Carolina.

Canes Acquire 2020 First-Round Pick and Patrick Marleau from Toronto

If Toronto's first-round selection in the 2020 NHL Draft is a top-10 pick, the Hurricanes will instead receive Toronto's first-round selection in the 2021 NHL Draft.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
The Wild are only 3 points behind Nashville. The tank is going off the rails into another season of mediocrity it appears.
Wow, didn't realize Nashville was struggling that badly. I've only been looking at the very bottom of the standings and ignoring everything else. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad