GDT: G15 | Columbus @ Washington | 11/18/23 | 7:30p ET | MSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
1700365198026.jpeg

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
Reading the Bluejackets board. Yep, it was goalie interference. And sus over the high stick on Oshie. Preach

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I thought Edmundson was ok. Being it his first game in it was good. Expect this to get better with a few games under his belt. He plays much slower than other Dee.

Gonna be hard to sit Protas or Lapierre after tonight. And I believe Protas was odd man out before Kuzy was ruled out.

Edmundson played smart, but what surprised me the most is that he has a good first pass. I think he'll be solid for us as a #6 or #7, he's got some grit too.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Maybe but who would have expected this? I'll admit it and eat my crow so far, I certainly didn't.

View attachment 770275
The league is so weird this year.

With their underlying numbers, it feels like Rangers are just riding a monster goalie and shouldn't be 9-0-1 in their last 10 good, let alone 12 wins in 15 games. On the flip side, certainly Pitt has been absolutely snake bit, no way they should only be an 8 win team so far.

We've scored the 3rd least amount of goals in the league. The only teams worse are the Blackhawks and the Sharks. This team makes no sense, they're insanely lucky to have as many points as they do but they've also been insanely unlucky with puck luck.

Reactions: bacchist

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
Can’t get over refs missing the GI, missing the trip which took down Carlson, calling TVR when at bare minimum there should have been coincidental embellishment. Really really lopsided reffing.

Malenstyn is a hell of a player. Always goes full speed, blocks a ton of shots, throws heavy hits, just a pleasure to watch
Don't forget Oshie getting a matching roughing minor for getting jumped on by Kuraly, the missed Oshie high-sticking, and Sandin's stick being held on the dump in leading to the third CBJ goal. I don't think I've ever seen a single period that ridiculously one-sided.

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013

With their underlying numbers, it feels like Rangers are just riding a monster goalie and shouldn't be 9-0-1 in their last 10 good, let alone 12 wins in 15 games. On the flip side, certainly Pitt has been absolutely snake bit, no way they should only be an 8 win team so far.

We've scored the 3rd least amount of goals in the league. The only teams worse are the Blackhawks and the Sharks. This team makes no sense, they're insanely lucky to have as many points as they do but they've also been insanely unlucky with puck luck.
100% correct about the rangers and penguins.

We're also only where we are because of unsustainable goaltending.

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
100% correct about the rangers and penguins.

We're also only where we are because of unsustainable goaltending.
Are you trying to tell me Charlie Lindgren isn't really a .940 Sv% goalie?!

You can also add the Bruins to the list of teams riding red hot goalies. Swayman and Ullmark are a good tandem, but not .941 and .928 Sv% good.

Reactions: bacchist

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Reading the Bluejackets board. Yep, it was goalie interference. And sus over the high stick on Oshie. Preach
Yeah I noticed that as well. One of the fairer and more decent fanbases around here.

And they don't like Jiricek either so I'm on board with that!

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021

Who is the monster goalie for the Rangers? Quick?? Because Shesterkin has been quite poor (.913) by his usual standards.

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
Are you trying to tell me Charlie Lindgren isn't really a .940 Sv% goalie?!

You can also add the Bruins to the list of teams riding red hot goalies. Swayman and Ullmark are a good tandem, but not .941 and .928 Sv% good.
We've gotten .960 from Lindgren and Shepard in their last 5 starts (4 Lindgren and 1 Shep) and we keep "finding a way to win" despite being outplayed.

funny how that works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad