GDT: G14: City of Lost Wages @ Chocolate City - 7:08pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
What is? Playing an NHL winger at his natural position instead of playing a kid out of position who isn't ready for the NHL?
Now that Mantha is healthy, yes, it makes sense for him to return.

Jimi is on the roster, and doesn’t look out of place when he plays.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
If you could get me those as soon as possible, that would be great. :laugh:

myED6Z7.gif

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Sponsor
Feb 7, 2013
What is? Playing an NHL winger at his natural position instead of playing a kid out of position who isn't ready for the NHL?
Oshie is in the running for the worst forward on the team this year, while Phillips and Mantha have been our two best right wings.

Oshie should be on the chopping block, but everyone has it out for Phillips. It blows my mind.

Reactions: twabby

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Now that Mantha is healthy, yes, it makes sense for him to return.

Jimi is on the roster, and doesn’t look out of place when he plays.
Yeah good call I forgot that Jimi is still here, I thought he got papered down with the recent transactions. I guess my point remains even more so though now that Mantha is back; Lapierre should be in Hershey playing top six minutes and getting time on the PP and PK. It did a lot of good for McMike and they should aim to replicate that plan for HL. Lapierre hasn't looked out of place but he also hasn't looked like a difference maker demanding a jersey every night. They have Phillips (or ideally Oshie) who can sit a few games in the press box.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Oshie is in the running for the worst forward on the team this year, while Phillips and Mantha have been our two best right wings.

Oshie should be on the chopping block, but everyone has it out for Phillips. It blows my mind.
I don't have it out for Phillips and I agree Oshie should be sitting. I'm just talking in terms of realistic possibilities -- I do not see Mac trading Oshie any time soon. Maybe at the TDL or this summer but not over the next few weeks.

Reactions: Misery74

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
The fight was whatever but that hit was glorious. Absolutely clean and also brutal.

The NHL really should start calling instigators for guys who attack other players after clean hits long after the puck is gone. I do not know why they continue to allow that with no rules-based consequences.

Generally speaking sure, and thats maybe what you mean.

But in this fight McIlrath was the instigator. He went straight to pick a fight with Kolesaar after the hit. Kolesaar looked mostly suprised. :)

Reactions: Block

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017

In reality, moving Oshie is very likely an impossibility at this point.

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Sponsor
Feb 7, 2013
I don't see why we would want to sit one of our best forwards in favor of possibly the worst

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Happy that they're winning but I didn't love the team D tonight at all. They gave up a bunch of high danger chances including multiple breakaways.

It was a good old fashioned goalie bailout kind of night.
Vegas arguably is the best team in the league and they won the Cup last season. Considering the current D group are only experienced players Carlson/Jensen, while Sandin/LuJo/Alexeyev are young and Mcllrath is a AHL journeyman, they combined to play good enough to help beat Vegas. And behind them Chucky just chopped up all the Vegas pucks on net! Obviously, this D group is not sustainable for very long but for now they holding up well enough with Mitch Love's coaching.

Good old fashioned goalie bailout?! Uh this is what I had expected of Lindgren since we got him and I expect the same with Kuemper. Are you aware of how many NHL teams goalies are bailing out their teams? I could give quite a substantial list.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Vegas arguably is the best team in the league and they won the Cup last season. Considering the current D group are only experienced players Carlson/Jensen, while Sandin/LuJo/Alexeyev are young and Mcllrath is a AHL journeyman, they combined to play good enough to help beat Vegas. And behind them Chucky just chopped up all the Vegas pucks on net! Obviously, this D group is not sustainable for very long but for now they holding up well enough with Mitch Love's coaching.

Good old fashioned goalie bailout?! Uh this is what I had expected of Lindgren since we got him and I expect the same with Kuemper. Are you aware of how many NHL teams goalies are bailing out their teams? I could give quite a substantial list.
Edit: misread

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Hard to fix everything at the same time. I mean this team played terribly last year. Everything from offense to defense to special teams.
Let us face it. The players on PP became very complacent and thought their talent could continue carrying them. Forsythe couldn't coach them in the way to work harder and go back to the basics of skating, passing, shooting, tips/redirects, POP(puck of pads), trafficking the goalie, or going for rebounds. Kirk Muller has to completely change their mentality and condition of the players to simplify their game on the PP. It's going to be a work in progress all season.

Bring Back Blaine!

I thought Carbs ran Toronto's PP, wha happen?
With the Leafs, they have a younger roster that is willing to shoot from different areas of the ice, as that element to the Caps PP is missing a lot!

Reactions: tycoonheart

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Nice, surprising shutout against the best team in the league. That’s a huge confidence booster.

Didn’t watch the game, but from the highlights, my impression is that Lindgren went full 2010 Halak on them.

- Unsustainable goaltending?

A lot of hockey left however a certain goalie looks crazy good.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Bring Back Blaine!

I thought Carbs ran Toronto's PP, wha happen?
Was the players all along. I'd feel bad for Blaine except he couldn't get them sorted out which was also his job. Wouldn't be surprised to see Carbery start playing the kids on the PP more. If they score, they stay, 'cause the vets ain't gettin' it done.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

Your passion for the Hockey Jockey is admirable. We all — over the years — have had our “Phillips”. Guys we like, who have a nice little spunky run, can be very enamouring.

But he’s not the future. He’s not the past. He’s a filler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad