Post-Game Talk: G13: Washington @ Pittsburgh... Valentine’s Day/Lucky 13/Sunday Funday Edition | 2/14 3:00p ET NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TcTap

Jan 27, 2017
why the hell is one side of goalie always open? Pitsburg is going for the same side to side play over and over again and Washington D is always way up leaving a player near the goal free. I dont understand the strategy here.

Reactions: troyerlaw

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
i have the impression that the penguins are such a rival who will always find a way to score against us. just always. whether we play badly, mediocre, good or great during the season, they'll always find a way. if i remember correctly, the last time we beat penguins without allowing a goal was in 2015 lol

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Nice push at the end of the period. I think when your top D are better known for their offense Carlson/Orlov/Schultz you need to be pushing the puck. We aren’t going to look good when teams are grinding on us. Need to move the puck fast and go, we’re not good in our own zone say like the islanders. Add in we have number of forwards who don’t play D either

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Nice push at the end of the period. I think when your top D are better known for their offense Carlson/Orlov/Schultz you need to be pushing the puck. We aren’t going to look good when teams are grinding on us. Need to move the puck fast and go, we’re not good in our own zone say like the islanders. Add in we have number of forwards who don’t play D either
Which is why I don’t understand why GMBM seems to want to sign older or slower less mobile defensemen. We need D that can push or skate out the puck by themselves and get us into transition.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Which is why I don’t understand why GMBM seems to want to sign older or slower less mobile defensemen. We need D that can push or skate out the puck by themselves and get us into transition.

If we’re not good in our own zone shouldn’t we try to get better? Just having a bunch of puck moving Dman would be a disaster.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

The good news is that they are very similar to us as well, they're not good in their own end and they start scrambling quickly and puck watching when they're caught behind the play.

It comes down to which team can push the other one the most in the neutral zone and on the forecheck.

Reactions: max21

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

Jensen is mobile and can move the puck but he can't defend to save his life. If you ask me, I prefer the old and slow Chara that can actually clear the crease, win puck battles in the corner and not fall every 5 f***ing seconds when the forecheckers apply pressure.

Reactions: um
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad