GDT: G10 // Oilers @ Blackhawks // Oct 28 @ 4 PM MST // TV: SNET 360

How surprised are you at the Oilers' start to the season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Lets also take some time to acknowledge that Drai has been dynamite since the Pittsburgh game. What a f***in pass to Mcdavid to win it. :nod:

Reactions: Duke74

North

Jun 25, 2009
He didn't have a good game. Doesn't take away from his greatness, all of the great ones have a bad one.

Yup. He hit a wall. It happens sometimes on back to backs but he pulled it out in OT.

First checking Saad and then finishing off that pass from Drai.

Reactions: RegDunlop

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
Huh. Weren't you saying he sucks tonight?
I am here lol I love it lol you see it is called reverse psychology lol I call out Mcdavid after the second period and he gets us the win. You have no clue how big an Oiler and Mcdavid fan i am

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
He didn't have a good game. Doesn't take away from his greatness, all of the great ones have a bad one.

He had a good game. Made at least string defensive plays near the net. Good speed, good dump ins and didnt extend his shifts too long. Had 2 breakaways stopped by a diving Keith. Did well to neutralize the leading goal scorer in the league... toews was flashy but ineffective. Capped it off with the OT winner.

Problem is this board is a negative cesspool if the Oilers arent up by 5. If McDavid doesnt have 3 pts hes not having a good game, but that's incorrect. Watch him away from the puck. Nuge had a great game minus that horrendous turnover in the third.

Wheres the love for talbot? Half this board has been hating him for a few weeks now.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
I am here lol I love it lol you see it is called reverse psychology lol I call out Mcdavid after the second period and he gets us the win. You have no clue how big an Oiler and Mcdavid fan i am

Dont quote me. I wasnt talking to you, that was someone else. McDavid cant hear you at all, no psychology involved there Zoltar.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Are we not allowed to be honest and say that McDavid was having a below average game by his standards? Or is that not allowed? Lol

Wasnt below average. He was doing the fundamentals right, he didnt give up on turnovers. Stole 2 or 3 pucks on Blackhawks breakouts. Got an ot winner. He was always there, doing things.

Saying hes drunk isnt honest. Saying hes sick isnt honest.

Mikey71

Apr 3, 2005
Saying hes drunk isnt critiscm you dolt. You guys best friends with those McGenericUsername?
What are you, Connor's mother? He didn't have a great game. Looked like he lacked energy, as if he was sick or something. Nobody was shitting on him, just stating what was obvious. Rest easy, nobody here hates the kid.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
What are you, Connor's mother? He didn't have a great game. Looked like he lacked energy, as if he was sick or something. Nobody was ****ting on him, just stating what was obvious. Rest easy, nobody here hates the kid.

LOL. Heres this sick bs again. He looked fine, he was a little slower in the third because we played 2/3 of the period in our zone.

What are you his doctor? The f*** you guys going on about him having cold for. I get that you just watch box scores, but his game was fine.

You dont need to make excuses for the guy. Offensively it didnt go his way, he hit a post, a had trouble gaining the zone when they started to step up. They weren't letting him get away with his early zone passes. We got no momentum from our pp unit because we lost each one to a silly penalty. Highly doubt hes "sick"

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
nopppeee, nothing negative at all against McDavid, we would sooner u leave our board :)

Sure you would, not my problem though.

It's why I rarely post here, this board is way too flippant/temperamental. I get that we've sucked for a decade but I dont get why we have to always be riding players negatively. McDavid played fine. He wasnt below average, you're just used to him having to do everything and always getting multiple points. This wasnt his worst game of the season. He played well, it just didnt translate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad