Post-Game Talk: G10: Bs @ Caps | 2/1/21 | 7p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
Was it Frederick or Willie who asked for the fight? Anyway i think willie agreed to it because our team was so flat and he thought it might boost us

Not sure who asked but the usual formula as you know is the player on the team behind starts it to stir up his team. I agree the Caps needed a boost but 43 can usually accomplish that with a few choice hits.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
I know Lavi didn't ice the Vrana-Sgarbossa-Sprong line for some of the 2nd and all of the third and I didn't agree with that. That line was bringing energy into the game. Yea it's a defensive liability, but if they can keep continually bring it into their zone who cares.

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
My take on Jensen is that his confidence is very fragile. He's pretty good when he's feeling good about himself, but that's easily shaken. Tonight he looked like a guy feeling insecure after consecutive scratches. I don't think the Caps can afford to deal with that foolishness.

I was going to say it but you half beat me to it - Jensen plays better, much better when he is playing a lot. He is very much a timing player with his skating and its hard to keep that up when you arent in the lineup. I thought benching him in the first place was a bad call given how well he and Chara had been together.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I know Lavi didn't ice the Vrana-Sgarbossa-Sprong line for some of the 2nd and all of the third and I didn't agree with that. That line was bringing energy into the game. Yea it's a defensive liability, but if they can keep continually bring it into their zone who cares.
Yeah I agree. A strong defensive line works for only so long, you need some offensive zone action to take some of the stress off and gain some momentum.

I’m actually concerned about Kuzy coming back leading to even more of this. The PP is already doing OK and he doesn’t add much to an offensive zone possession game.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Yeah I agree. A strong defensive line works for only so long, you need some offensive zone action to take some of the stress off and gain some momentum.

I’m actually concerned about Kuzy coming back leading to even more of this. The PP is already doing OK and he doesn’t add much to an offensive zone possession game.
Yup. And letting the other team carry the play also puts you in chase mode and that makes you more likely to take penalties. And Kuzy sure as hell isn't gonna' make us any less likely to take bad penalties...

Reactions: troyerlaw

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Seeing Ovi strip the puck off McAvoy at the blueline and not be able to create separation was incredible. :eek:

I'd be worried if that happened 20-30 games from now. Lots of players still not in game shape with the lack of camp and exhibition games.

It's even worse when you sit for 10 days in between that.

Considering the new coach, system, and injuries I'll take the 6-1-3 start.

It just sucks the way they blew two points tonight.

Maybe the writing was on the wall though as they did the exact same thing blowing the lead in the game before this one.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
I think the third period was embarrassing. I didn't mind an OT loss and 3 unanswered goals....but 5....wtf..?? How come no response at all in the 3rd?

illpucks

May 26, 2011
The team looked better without Ovi, Orlov in the lineup. Backstrom running the team with those injuries was just a better functioning team imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad