Status
Not open for further replies.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Sucks that Shultz is out still, so much for that "puck to the face, lost 4 teeth, he'll only miss one shift" meme. But at the same time the 7/8/9 D on this team would be 5/6 D on many many teams, and they have done fine

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Lavi isn’t intimidated by the players like Reirdon was...

No, he is not!
KS4pt6S.gif

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Vrana is one of those players people will always wait for to become a consistent 30 goal scorer and all he gonna do is put up a couple of 27-28 goal seasons, get traded ala Marcus Joe Hanson and nobody will care about them anymore ever.

Reactions: Pomee

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Vrana is one of those players people will always wait for to become a consistent 30 goal scorer and all he gonna do is put up a couple of 27-28 goal seasons, get traded ala Marcus Joe Hanson and nobody will care about them anymore ever.

This is true, but its good to see Lavi recognizing this and taking some action, vs TR who seemed to just let Vrana be Vrana... presumably because his goals are so pretty?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

I see no evidence of that. 13 goals 24 goals 25 goals in a 70 game season. He has improved each year and its fair to give credit for a 30 goal season should last season have been the normal number of games.

I see problems with this player but lets talk about the real one's rather than make them up

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
This is true, but its good to see Lavi recognizing this and taking some action, vs TR who seemed to just let Vrana be Vrana... presumably because his goals are so pretty?

This is the 2nd demotion for Vrana. The first one was stealthy but when Vrana and Kuzy got Sprong and dropped to 3rd line mins behind Eller, that was a demotion. This one is far less stealthy

Reactions: Pomee

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
Know it's not worth breaking up the line as they're rolling, but feel like Vrana (who my phone's autocorrect keeps changing to beans) could do with spending time with Dowd and Hathaway - show him what pure grit and effort can do for you.

Plus I cringe every time I see Hagelin try and shoot the puck, that line should have bagged a few more goals than they've had so far, partially down to him.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
TR is a smart guy but was soft here as a baby shit and players, not just Vrana, appreciated that. He was teaching them but wouldn't get in their face because he knew they respected him only as a teacher but not as a man. Laviolette, however people would feel about him as a coach, won't let anybody mess with him and I can respect that. This is the reason I respect coaches like him, Trotz, Torts and Babcock. Players don't dare to throw tantrums under their watch and even if they do...lol watch out.
I see no evidence of that. 13 goals 24 goals 25 goals in a 70 game season. He has improved each year and its fair to give credit for a 30 goal season should last season have been the normal number of games.

I see problems with this player but lets talk about the real one's rather than make them up
Sometimes you just get a vibe from a player that he doesn't have it and Vrana is one of those players. Do you remember him scoring anything in the playoffs since the cup final? Even that year he had like 7 or 8 pts in 25 games. The kid looks lost. His speed is something worth recognition but other than that...do you really see any specific skills in the way he handles the puck, finds his teammates or enters the offensive zone and helps maintain possession? He allows a shit ton of giveaways everytime they trust him to skate with the puck through the neutral zone to gain the blue line. Cycles die on his stick. He handles the puck like a hot potato in tight spaces. I don't know. It may sound like I'm describing a total scrub from the beer league which would be a misunderstanding cause he absolutely has some scoring touch to stay in the NHL in some secondary role of 2-3rd line tweener on an average tema for a majority of his career but people have very high hopes for him and I'm sure he's not that kind of player.

Last edited:
Reactions: AussieCapsFan

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010

Dude that's way premature.

Vrana has worked on his craft and improved on his performance over the years. Giving up on talented young players is not what smart franchises do.

As someone who can fly, he certainly has a role to play on this team. If he's demoted, it should be purely for constructive reasons.

Jun 15, 2007
Remember when we read media from the Czech Republic say Vrana's benching at the WHCs was due to not caring/being lazy?

We dismissed it but now it seems like it likely was true.

Reactions: Pomee and troyerlaw

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
Know it's not worth breaking up the line as they're rolling, but feel like Vrana (who my phone's autocorrect keeps changing to beans) could do with spending time with Dowd and Hathaway - show him what pure grit and effort can do for you.

Plus I cringe every time I see Hagelin try and shoot the puck, that line should have bagged a few more goals than they've had so far, partially down to him.
im all aboard the beans nickname for what its worth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->